Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By guinness126
FYI - I live in Middletown, and had never heard of anything on a club here in town. So when I saw this posted on here, I did a little research and investigation tonight. I actually found the building (small, unmarked building near Marino Crane), and there was a club member who was splitting wood for the club's wood stove. He was telling me that the Rifle and Revolver Club is primarily for .22 only, being that they are in such close proximity to homes and businesses in the area. He gave me a different person's name, Jason Stanfield, to contact. Actually, he had Jason call ME instead of handing his number out. The person's phone number you have listed on here is for Peter Bozzo, who is the head person to contact, but is very active with other things (hockey and cars/car shows). They do have very reasonable rates for joining, but it's pretty much you gotta know where they are, and catch a member when someone's there type of club. That is, until you're a member yourself. :wink:
By PaiN
Good luck getting in

Sounds like you already got the hard part covered, "being in the right place at the right time" so the rest should be smooth sailing....
By guinness126
I don't think it's as "private" as everyone thinks. It's just trying to find the darn place, which isn't even marked on the building - their sign fell down awhile ago, and they never got around to replacing it. They were pretty receptive to having new people come into the mix. It's a $100 initiation fee, and then $80/year for dues/a key to the club. And in the "high time" (they had said that April is pretty much their "down month") they have events either at their club or another club Sunday - Thursday, and alternate Rifle and Revolver on days of the week. But when you become a member, you can be there at any time you would like, if an event isn't going on. Which I thought was pretty darn awesome.
By CTSixshot
Most clubs seem to run pretty much the same way. I used to belong to the Torrington Gun Club when I was living up that way. It was a 50' indoor range suitable for center-fire handgun and .22 rifle.
Membership fees are modest and the range is under-utilized; many times you'd be the only one there, even though they had over 200 members.
By guinness126
Being there alone with a gun is fine; just don't plan on sneaking up on me. :lol:
By CTSixshot
Okay guinness126...I've been warned! LOL! Hope you find a local club that meets your needs.

Come on over to Mattabassett R&PC for their center-fire pistol plate shoot and c/f rifle pin shoot this Saturday, if you're free. It's pricier than past years: $10 per event versus $8 for both last year, but it's still a fun shoot and you'll shoot plenty.

http://mattabassett.com/events.htm
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!