Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By CTSixshot
About the only thing I've found reloading results in is no empty brass hanging around and surplus stocks of ammunition.
By SigFan
nyalex98 wrote:I am just trying to understand why ammo is gone from shelves.
3 weeks ago I was at a good size gun show in Lakelands, FL hoping to bit the Wal-Mart prices (I was told so). I saw a case of 9mm 1000 rounds for $235. So on my way back to CT, I decided to stop at 3 WMTs in FL, one in GA, one in NC, and another in VA. Guess what I saw, same empty shelves. Only in NC I found some target .40s.
Hope you didn't think that I was looking for a debate. I fully understand and have experienced it myself. I think more than anything it's the fear of a ban or a prohibitive tax that's making people snatch up the ammo. That and many Walmarts have simply decided not to carry ammo. Not sure why (political, slim margin, liability?) but the upshot is that a major distributor goes away when Wally World stops carrying ammo.

Aside from your experience in Florida, does anybody have any experience with this taking place on a larger scale outside of CT?
By JohnB
i dont have any personal experience with this..but looking around the other forums they are all reporting pretty much the same thing..big ammo shortage/scare no primers to be had walmart out of stock etc...
By hayes1966
JohnB is stockpiling !!
By CTSixshot
Just be aware that the 9mm fodder in the blue trapezoidal box arranged on a six row single piece stripper clip with Swedish print is indoor/gallery ammo for the m/45 sub-machine gun. It may shoot out of your pistol, but likely won't cycle it.

See the following link about halfway down the page or more:
http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/k ... ede_45.htm
By djmiked
That ammo (trapezoidal box) will also ruin your pistol barrel. You need a special practice barrel for that ammo.
By CTSixshot
djmiked:
You've got a m/45? Kewl!
By nyalex98
The box was same size and same form like Winchester, it was brown color and rounds looked like normal 9X19 FMJ
By CTSixshot
Roger! I'm okay with the Uzi brand... I was referring to the plastic w/ball bearing-tipped gallery ammo that G&S has on the display along with the other fodder. It's in that blue box and is on the unique six-row stripper clip designed specifically for the Swedish smg.

Sorry. I don't know how to copy a picture from another website and paste it here......hit the link four posts up and scroll towards the bottom of the page. It's all there with graphics.
By CTSixshot
Here's a picture of the likes of a few rounds of 9mm that I have in an old cardboard box with staple-reinforced corners and no print/labeling:
http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~sak/main/Cart ... ARA_97.jpg
Mine is 1944 and 1945 though; no sealant and it's a magnetic bullet.
"The only remaining type of ammunition for submachine guns was the cartridge 9 mm m/39 which is equal to 9 mm Luger. It was used for both m/45 and m/45b and the pistol m/40. This was a conventional 9 mm Luger cartridge with soft jacket of copper over a lead core. Bullet weight is 7,5 gram (116 grain). 1947 Sweden started to seal the bullet and primer with paint. Prior to 1947 there was no seal. The m/39 pistol round has a blue seal for the bullet and the primer."
"The non - corrosive primer were introduced to the Swedish armed forces 1950."

Is the green (?I guess blue on brass would look green?) sealed 9mm magnetic, I forget now nyalex98?
By nyalex98

it does look green on the cartridge but i think it might be discoloration within time and if you paint yellow/red color bullet and the case with blue it may look green.
Here they say "Colour markings are Black on neck and primer". 8O
http://www.amkat.se/9x19/9x19.html
By CTSixshot
That's a great link; I'll add it to my collection, thanks.
Identifying the ammo is almost as fun as shooting it.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!