News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Anyone have info on Manchester Sportman's Association, Cov?

Information related to your local club.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Tanktheory
Marksman I
Marksman I
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 am

Anyone have info on Manchester Sportman's Association, Cov?

Postby Tanktheory » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Joined up to see if anyone knew anything about MSA in Coventry, CT. Their website is very vague.

It states if you have a question to email them. Well their email kicked back mine, so that wont work.

Dug a little deeper and found a phone number.. that's deactivated too.

Not sure if anyone here is a member or has any experience going there. I would like to become a member since they have a 75 yard range and it's very close.

Thanks.



User avatar
GixerJockey
Expert II
Expert II
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:00 am
Location: Berlin

Postby GixerJockey » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 am

I don't know much about it, but I drive past it 3-4 times a week. My GF lives down the street. I never hear any shooting. The place looks like a residence. It's a house that certainly appears to be inhabited. There are cars in the driveway and kids toys in the yard. The only thing that caught my attention was a small wooden sign on the front of the house that says "Manchester Sportsmans..."

User avatar
Tanktheory
Marksman I
Marksman I
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 am

Postby Tanktheory » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Well, I live on the same road as it ( Merrow / Broad way). I've driven by it 1000 times. It used to be a very active place when I was growing up, then last yesterday during that October snow storm their club house got wrecked. They had just recently finished the new one.

Past the club house is a long dirt road that goes to the shooting stages, I only know this cause I used to ride my dirtbike back there after hours years ago.

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to find else where to shoot.

User avatar
GixerJockey
Expert II
Expert II
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:00 am
Location: Berlin

Postby GixerJockey » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:04 am

GixerJockey wrote:I don't know much about it, but I drive past it 3-4 times a week. My GF lives down the street. I never hear any shooting. The place looks like a residence. It's a house that certainly appears to be inhabited. There are cars in the driveway and kids toys in the yard. The only thing that caught my attention was a small wooden sign on the front of the house that says "Manchester Sportsmans..."


It take the above statement back. I took a closer look this morning. The place that I was talking about is Manchester Rod and Gun Club. That's the sign on the front of the house. They are not one in the same.

User avatar
shooter860
Marksman I
Marksman I
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:00 am

Postby shooter860 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Tanktheory wrote:Well, I live on the same road as it ( Merrow / Broad way). I've driven by it 1000 times. It used to be a very active place when I was growing up, then last yesterday during that October snow storm their club house got wrecked. They had just recently finished the new one.

Past the club house is a long dirt road that goes to the shooting stages, I only know this cause I used to ride my dirtbike back there after hours years ago.

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to find else where to shoot.


Consider Rockville Fish and Game. We have two ranges and a police range that will be used for shooting events. $ 85 per year

User avatar
Tanktheory
Marksman I
Marksman I
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:00 am

Postby Tanktheory » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks for the heads up! I will look into that

magneton44
Expert V
Expert V
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:00 am
Contact:

Postby magneton44 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:50 pm

shooter860 wrote:
Tanktheory wrote:Well, I live on the same road as it ( Merrow / Broad way). I've driven by it 1000 times. It used to be a very active place when I was growing up, then last yesterday during that October snow storm their club house got wrecked. They had just recently finished the new one.

Past the club house is a long dirt road that goes to the shooting stages, I only know this cause I used to ride my dirtbike back there after hours years ago.

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to find else where to shoot.


Consider Rockville Fish and Game. We have two ranges and a police range that will be used for shooting events. $ 85 per year


Shooter,
Does membership application require sponsorship from a Club member?
Done....

User avatar
Woody
Marksman IV
Marksman IV
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:00 am

Postby Woody » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Yes, you need a sponsor. I looked into msi a fee years back, filled out the app and never heard back. I belong to Rockville now. Great club, strong emphasis on safety. They have archery, fishing ponds, trap, skeet, pistolrange and a 100 yard rifle range.
They run a ladies day every May.
They also have a clubhouse at crystal lake.


Return to “Local Clubs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests