Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By 3319
Opens April 7th (next Saturday). Reservation requests will be taken starting April 2nd (this coming Monday).

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2700&Q=439010

Reservations and Information

No fees are required. Ammunition, firearms, or targets are not provided.
Reservation time slots are 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM. Reservations will be honored for no more than 10 minutes into the time slot. Walk-in shooters may be accommodated as space becomes available.
Reservation requests can only be made one week in advance by calling the Range Reservation line at (860) 424-3737 or by sending an email to [email protected]. Requests can be made starting on Mondays at 9:00 AM and ending on Tuesdays at 2:00 PM. Any requests made before or after this period will not be considered.
You must provide your full name, daytime contact information, the specific day and range time period and the total number of shooters in the group. All requests will be confirmed by a call back or e-mail from staff. Requests with incomplete information will not be accepted.
Due to high demand, individual shooters will be limited to 1 reservation per weekend and 2 reservations per month, unless using the range on a walk-in basis.
Shooters will be required to show proof of firearms training such as a Conservation/Education Firearms Safety certificate or equivalent, valid firearms hunting license, valid pistol permit, police credentials, or military identification. Those who cannot produce such qualifications must be directly supervised by a qualified person at all times.
There are ten (10) covered shooting positions available. A maximum of 3 shooters per bench will be permitted.
The range may be closed without notice in the event of severe weather or staffing issues.

What to bring:
Proof of firearms training (Conservation/Education Firearms Safety certificate or equivalent, valid firearms hunting license, valid pistol permit, police credentials, military identification)
Eye & ear protection
Paper targets
Tape, stapler, or tacks to attach target to cardboard backing
Ammunition
Spotting scope or binoculars
By newguy
Did you call or something because they haven't updated the website yet
By 3319
newguy wrote:Did you call or something because they haven't updated the website yet
I called 5 minutes ago.
By newguy
OK ya i been checking website real close to me so It one of them call as soon possible in morning on Monday's. Btw i bet Sunday the 8th will be easy to get into since it is Easter
By newguy
Yep it open now got my reservation for Saturday morning the 7th all confirmed
By Mike_Diako
FYI, the range is not open this Sunday, April 8th. I just emailed DEP to reserve a spot the 7th.
By newguy
I tried that whole email this last year twice and didn't get a spot this year i went back to calling at 9am on the dot and i got a call back within a hour confirming the reservation
By Mike_Diako
That's funny, I called this morning and left a voicemail and heard nothing. Sent an email and 5 minutes later had my spot reserved.

I'll be there Saturday at 10am!
By newguy
See ya there then look for the short guy with ponytail that will be me lol
By Mike_Diako
Haha, I'll be the other short guy there.

I've never shot there before. how many yard range is it?
By newguy
I say 100 yards maybe alittle more it is basically big sand.pit and they break ever 15 mins
By Mike_Diako
Sounds good. Glad to see my tax dollars are actually going to something good. :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!