Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By jamesb
I'm looking to possibly join a club with a range that I can do longer range rilfe shooting at. Anything between 300 or 400 yards would be OK.

I heard something about Ledyard, but can't find much info on it, except that you can pay extra for membership so you don't have the work requirements. (i'm very far from Ledyard so that would be ideal).

I'm looking to become a member of a range that I can go and take a non-member or two with me as well. I have local stuff for pistol shooting, but a place with that as well is a plus.

Main focus is a rifle range that members can use freely.

Any help?
By PaiN
Bell City here in Bristol is 200yrds, Northwest CT Sportsman’s Association in Colebrook is also 200yrd with plans to push out to 400yrds this summer

http://www.nwcsa.org/

http://www.bellcity.org/ :P

That's about as deep as you're going to get in CT
By CTSixshot
Quaker Hill and New Haven Sportsman have 200 yards, but I know little as to membership/guest/rifle range policies. Seems to me Ansonia has over 100 yards, but I just can't recall exactly.
Ledyard Sportsman is private to the extent that I don't think they even have public matches available unless you are directly invited by a member. Kind of like Elm City.
By jamesb
Yeah, i'm wondering how you become a member of Ledyard. That seems like my best bet.
By hayes1966
I am a member at Ledyard and will get you the contact info to join.
By jamesb
hayes1966 wrote:I am a member at Ledyard and will get you the contact info to join.
Thank you John. It would be much appreciated.
By Mopar
CTSixshot wrote:Seems to me Ansonia has over 100 yards, but I just can't recall exactly.
It's been a while since I've been to Ansonia (let my membership expire several years ago when they started becoming an antigun gun club) but the standard rifle range is 100yrds, maybe 125. They can do 200yrds for matches, but it requires shutting down their shotgun fields, so they generally don't. I can't even remember the last time they had a 200yrd match there.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!