Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By sjcolwell2
Hey is anyone else on here a member there. Been shhoting there alot as a guest and strongly considering becoming a member next week. Kinda expensive but worth it as an instructor.
By Woody
I belong there. I joined because there was no wait to get in. It is expensive, and closed Monday, and they charge to bring guests. Those are the pitfalls, as well as the hours. Metacom isn't too far from there, the indoor range is open 24 hours and they don't close on Monday, not to mention its less than half the
Price. If you don't mind waiting, I'd go there instead. I've already got
My app in elsewhere to save myself $400 a year.
The people at HGC are extremely nice.
By BigKahuna
I am also a member at HGC. I joined in February, and have enjoyed it a great deal. It may be expensive compared to some other clubs, but at least it has a very nice indoor handgun range (heated in winter, A/C in summer) as well as outdoor ranges for handgun, rifle and shotgun. There also is the trap and skeet, and a nice clubhouse.

I wanted to join Metacon, but I was told (in February) there were no openings, and it could be a year before an opening existed. I also applied to the Windsor club, but never heard anything from them. I took a look at the Windsor "facilities", which were nothing more than an outdoor range off of a dirt road next to the Connecticut river.

I try to go to the HGC weekly, and they always have a Range Safety Officer on duty at the outdoor handgun and rifle ranges. They also have warning lights and horns installed, so safety is a high priority.

Everyone at HGC has been very friendly and helpful, including other members as well as the staff.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!