Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By hayes1966
The information required is the same. The dues are $110 this year.
By Hddreamer
hey john weather permitting ill be there this weekend eather saterday mid afternoon (1ish)or sunday around noon i talked to the president for a while he said that its no problem for me to bring up my desert eagle
By 2dobies
Sounds good, would love to see that thing in action. Let me know what time saturday if possible and I'll try and get there. Been everyday this week, finally saw someone else there.
By sjcolwell2
hayes1966 wrote:You could take a ride down on Sunday am as there are probably some members there at that time.

No guests allowed. You can bring your spouse or kids if under 18. The dues were very cheap to this club to encourage people to join rather than leach off someone else.
Yeah but how are you supposed to get people interested if you can't bring them ???
By newguy
If you figure other places are 3 to 4 times more expensive and you have to do work it is a steal
By sjcolwell2
I'm a member at Windsor Marksman Assoc, Dues are 50 a year , you can bring up to five guests and all thats required of you is you have to attend 9 out of 12 monthly meetings or like 4 hours a year of range clean up time .

East Windsor is 95 a year with unlimited guests and 10 hours a year range clean-up.

You don't wanna even know what Hartford cost but there isn't anything required there at all and no limit on guests.

Just seems kinda weird that you can't bring guests at all.
By Hddreamer
to be totally honest i can see why theres no guests allowed , there are alot of people that would get a buddy that would split the membership they both go togeather all year round like having 2 memberships and paying half of what other members are paying ,in the mean time the club loses out on a members fees , after all tthe fees are what keep the clubs up and running
after all at 110.00 a year i think thats very cheep to shoot 7days a week all year round except 2 days a year if you have a friend that likes to shoot tell them to join
By 05roadking
I understand that as well. I go to a private range with a member friend and the place is full of non members. Some are bold enough to just show up by themselves and no one checks. I sent my app in yesterday, hope there's still room
By ketel1
Im very interested. What are the range rules?
By Hddreamer
Badge must be worn at all times, sign in and out , no shooting 1/2 hour before sunset or before 9 am (10 sat or sun), no automatics , rapid fire to 5 orl less, paper targets or clay targets no guests except spouse or children under 18 but must be an NRA member and be able to show proof of NRA membership
All the rest are common sence rules cease fire pointing gun down range,no alcohol ect.
Also no hunting on property at any time
Like I said ECT. This means there other common sence rules that I didn't list hope this helps and are only guide lines[/u]
By ketel1
Hddreamer wrote:Badge must be worn at all times, sign in and out , no shooting 1/2 hour before sunset or before 9 am (10 sat or sun), no automatics , rapid fire to 5 orl less, paper targets or clay targets no guests except spouse or children under 18 but must be an NRA member and be able to show proof of NRA membership
All the rest are common sence rules cease fire pointing gun down range,no alcohol ect.
Also no hunting on property at any time
Like I said ECT. This means there other common sence rules that I didn't list hope this helps and are only guide lines[/u]
Thank you very much. More concerned about the rapid fire (none of that BS 3 seconds inbetween shots crap) and target types. It is a 100 yard range correct? Any restriction on target distances? (for handgun? min distance). I hate having to shoot pistol 25 yards or farther.
By Hddreamer
I am a new member there, I belive I herd somthing about ways to shoot pistols closer than 25 yards and of you shoot like 5 rapid fire to take a 5 sec brake in between and there is a 100 yard range too
By 2dobies
They said if you are by yourself up there and you want to stand in front of the bench to practice drawing and shooting that is ok, just not when others are there shooting.
By Hddreamer
Anyone know if they cleared the path going up to the range or is it all snowed in ?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!