Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By SR9
As a new member of WLOPA I had the chance to work the ATA match on Sunday. Loaded clays, helped pick up hulls and what ever else needed to be done. I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised.

The weather was picture perfect and attendance was great with 35 squads, 12 of which were handicap squads. Shooting started at 9am and ended around 5pm. One could hear shotguns the entire time. I have to say I have never seen the quantity of busted clays and hulls that I did Sunday when the event was over. Just for perspective, we were picking up the hulls with a rakes and shovels.

If you have never seen an ATA match you should even if you are not a clay buster. The volume of shooting alone is quite the sight in itself. Very friendly bunch with some seriously good shooters.

Also enjoyed meeting and working with club members I have not met yet. The saying : Strangers are friends you have not met yet comes to mind.

Very cool.
By xring
I shot a few rounds of trap at the Landowners over the winter and you are right, they are a great bunch of guys and gals. I also shot one round of skeet and they guys I shot with said to forget about trap because skeet is more fun. It really was fun!
By SR9
I tried one round of trap and enjoyed it. Hope to try some skeet too. I have a loner gun available just have to save up for some ammo. Maybe I will see ya up there some time.
By xring
I have one or two more punches left on my guest card which I intend to use one of these days. Golf takes up too much time! I had been shooting in Thomaston before the nice weather came.
By SR9
Mini golf is as much golf as I have ever played, and that was probably 10 years ago. Just can't get into it. Maybe some day, I already have too many hobbies anyway. :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!