Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By snakeeater332
Went out to Blue Trail Range today to sight in my newly mounted Millett DMS-1 1-4x24 Tactical Scope in my LaRue SPR/M4 1.93" LT135 QD mount. Got it zeroed in pretty well with 1.5" groups at 100 yards, not too bad considering the shitty weather. I left feeling like a drowned rat...soaked!

One thing I did realize was that I need to invest in a quality spotting scope! My binoculars were not cutting it, especially in the heavy rain at times. I had trouble seeing where my rounds were impacting on target until the nice gent next to me advised that the Range Safety Officer had extra spotting scopes in his shed. Even with the spotting scope dialed in at x45 it was often difficult to see where the rounds were hitting in the driving rain. What a life saver! Otherwise my trip would've been a bust.

All in all, any day on the range is a good day! If it ain't rainin', we ain't training'! It's just liquid sunshine!

By PLO231
I find that I have little if any luck shooting my AR's or FS2000 with a EOTech, AimPoint, or ACOG installed on the them. The damn plywood they installed a few years back is way too low. I understand why they did it, but they could have at least left a little more room.
If you have Magpul Ranger plate (like you do) on the bottom of you AR mag it is close to imposable to bench shoot using a barrel rest at some of the lanes at Blue Trail. The best thing to do is use a 20 round mag.
By snakeeater332
Fortunately for me, I didn't have that issue this time, although I have had similar problems in the past like that at Blue Trail. I used one of their beat up rests they had out and it did fine. I found the most steady one I could and the front portion of my AFG2 rested on it well. I felt pretty solid when I was shooting.

I should have used some of those C-more targets where the impacts in target are more visible, but instead I used gridded 100 meter targets to better assist in zeroing the scope. Mr Murphy was along for the ride, of course, and the very gray skies and steady drizzle and occasional downpour conspired against me at first. I was able to adapt and overcome eventually (with the help if the spotting scope)....Semper Gumbi...always flexible!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!