Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By Mopar
Place: Wolcott Landowner's Protective Association (WLOPA)
920 Woodtick Rd, Wolcott, CT

Time: 2 P.M. on Sunday's (below).

The .22 Silhouette Schedule is as follows:

5/1

6/12

7/10 cancelled - to be rescheduled to another date

8/7

9/11

10/2

Equipment: ANY .22 rifle or pistol, any action, and optics (scopes, red dots) are allowed. No weight limit. This is L.R. only, no HMR's!

Ranges for the standard .22 rifle silhouettes remain at 44, 66, 77, and 95 yards, optics allowed, and for those that are either unable to or not desiring to shoot standing, we still have a bench rest class.

.22 Pistol silhouette Ranges are 22, 33, 44, and 55 yards. Standing only - hey, it's full size pins here, guys. Pistol matches to be run concurrently with .22 rifle matches on the upper rifle range.

Standard classifications will apply for rifle, including senior rifle, junior rifle, benched rifle, and standing. Pistol classes includes a junior class for experienced youngsters, and a standing class for everyone else.

Fee will be $5.00 as always, with food and beverages available, including hot dogs and Frank's famous homemade chili.

And there will be a bonus shooting period for everyone at the end, as time allows.

And, lest we forget the Service Rifle Matches, here's your chance to exercise those old military rifles on our 100 yard range. Any service rifle, in original or altered configuration, from any country, will be allowed, including current production rifles, such as the AR-15, M1 Carbine, Saiga's, etc.

Course of fire will be slow (offhand), with rapid fire in Sitting or Kneeling (your choice), and prone position at the end.

And of course, there will be the ever popular "exploding soda can shoot" following each match!

The Service Rifle Schedule is as follows:

6/26

Next Date T.B.A.

Both types of matches will be held on Sundays, beginning at 2:00 P.M. , and are open to members and nonmember's alike. Shooting order will be first in, first out, and late comers will be accommodated accordingly.

Inquiries to: [email protected]
Last edited by Mopar on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mopar
bump. Next .22 silhouette match is next weekend. I won't be able to make this one, but they are open to the public if anyone wants to go anyway. I am planning on making the June 26th service rifle match though.
By Mopar
Yup. I take nvisn up there as a guest all the time, he just has to buy the beer after. Image
By Mopar
Nice! I'm usually up there at least one day each weekend, and my wife is also one of the bartenders there. Will be on vacation the next few weekends, but after that lemme know if you wanna check it out or need a sponsor.
By SR9
Thanks. I was there Saturday with Ray C and may have talked to your wife since I was invited in for something to wet my whistle. Great club, very friendly and I felt very welcome.

I have the application and Ray C is going to sponsor me since he knows me from NVPL. He can verify that I am worthy of membership.

Looking forward to joining.
By Mopar
Yup, that was her working the bar saturday, sporting the CCDL shirt :P
By LTB45
Best Club in the state!
By Mopar
REMINDER - Service Rifle Match - 6/26 - WLOPA
When: Sunday, 6/26

Where: WLOPA(Wolcott Landowner's), 920 Woodtick Rd., Wolcott, CT., Upper Rifle/Skeet Range

Course: 40 rounds, 100 yards, 4 position, as follows: Standing - slow fire (10 shots), Sitting/Kneeling (10) - timed fire - 70 sec., Sitting/Kneeling (10) - TIMED (again), and Prone (10) - timed fire.

Time: First 5 man squad starts at 2:00 P.M., 2 - 3 squads planned.

Rifles: Any domestic or foreign service type rifle, preferably semi auto for the timed fire stages.

Target: Standard 100 yd. SR-1 target

Mats: Shooting mats Provided

Price $5.00 (cheap!)

Food: hotdogs, soda are available, and Frank's homemade mild chili!!

Open to members/non-members alike - come to shoot or just come to have a dog and check it out.
By CTSixshot
Sounds like a great shoot. Too bad I'm way out in the boonies with limited transportation options. No one going to Wolcott from East of Foxwoods, I suppose?
By SR9
After the meeting Friday night i was planning on going but my plans were pre-empted by a previous commitment. Oh well, at least i am now a member!
By Mopar
Congrats, welcome to the club!
By LTB45
Mopar wrote:Congrats, welcome to the club!
+1 Welcome!!
By SR9
Thanks! I am really looking forward to getting involved. I met a great bunch of members Friday night, very friendly and welcoming.

I am going try to sign up to help at the ata match on 7/10 so I can get some hours in.

Hope to meet you soon!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!