Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Information related to your local club.
By SR9
Yup, gotta eat so here I am at work again. Thankful for my job too.

At least I got a chance to take my pup for a nice walk yesterday afternoon. It was quite nice out.
By Socom
Well, So much for spring :( That came and went fast as did all the work on the range. :( What kind of pup you got there SR9 ? Club of One, shall be cleanned up, soon! Has anyone seen the "SUN"
By SR9
Well, I have 2 dogs. The one I was refereing to is the young(will be 2 in August)one. She is a rescue dog from Tennessee. She is a Walker Hound/Lab mix, black with white chest, white feet and a white tip on her tail. The most friendly, cuddly dog I have ever had. Full of energy, she still wants to play after a 5 mile walk. I am not quite that energetic though.

My older dog (12 in February) is a Lab/Spaniel mix and was the most easily trained dog I have had. She was my walking buddy for many years but age and arthritis has made it difficult for her to go very far. She is having more issues getting around and i think we will not have her next year at this time. We shall see.
By Socom
SR9; Have you tried giving the elder, (Glyco-Flex II) ? It does wonders for my Rottie, You can get it from the Vet's or pet stores... Great on Cold, Rainy days, But should be given every day, i just skip a day here or there when she'd feeling good... Give her one in the AM & one in the PM for a few days and see if it helps her...
By SR9
Yes, we started with that a couple of years ago when she started with the stiff legs. I have been giving it to her every day. It really helped.
Unfortunately, it has gotten worse over the last year. We are now giving her one baby aspirin with her dinner every night and that has helped a lot. The weakness is still there though.

Better living through chemistry !
By Socom
Sorry to hear that. :( I know how it must feel, I had to put down my Shep/Rotty a few years ago. he was getting real bad, to the point he needed surgery with no ganaties. Now my Rottie is not good some days, but most of the times she's OK... When given the Glyco-Flex and on bad days the Aspirin also... The other one i got at the pound a few years ago is a MUTT, Brat, Spoiled, Weid, you name it! Golden Lab, Black Lab, Docsin and Bassett... Maybe it's the name i gave them, Cheyenne & Cherokee... :lol: Is That UN-coated Aspirin that you are giving her ? Because the coated aspirin will pass right thru most of the time.
By SR9
Good question on the aspirin. I am not sure. It is what ever they typically give to babies. They are chewable. I will have to look at the bottle now that you mention it. I think the vet suggested it to my wife. It does work, she was noticeably more chipper since taking it.

Interesting, I will check.
By Socom
Chewable should be fine, And if needed, you can got with the CVS or any cheap asp even the adult asp, if needed, Just that i was told the the coated, passes thru there system to fast to work that well... What does it cost you for the Glyco-Flex ?
By SR9
Ok, I thought that is what the vet told my wife about the aspiren. We use a store brand like CVS or what ever is convenient at the time. They all seem to work just fine. Really put some spring back in her step it did.

Good question on the price of the gyco flex. I think my wife buys it online, I will have to ask her.
By Socom
I think it's like $70 bucks for a bottle of 120 for the Glyco-Flex from the Vet's, Last time i checked it was a lot cheaper on the net, But then when you add the shipping :cry:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!