Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By BigKahuna
I went to Cabelas today to buy some of their sale-priced ammo. I grabbed the last six boxes of the Rio buckshot on the shelf, then picked up a box of Remington 12-gauge waterfowl shells. I wandered around a little, then went to the register to check out.

There was a gentleman discussing his purchase with a clerk, and nobody else (employees or customers) in the area. I waited about 5 minutes and they finished their conversation. The customer gathered his merchandise and departed. There was nobody else (still) near the register. I had placed my seven boxes of ammo on the counter, and the clerk said to me: "are you here just to check out?" and I replied "yes". He then said "it will be a lot faster if you go downstairs, because we still have a lot of guns to check out". I glanced around in all directions, and there was STILL NOBODY THERE. I said "I only have 7 boxes of ammo" and the clerk spun on his heels and went through the door to the back room, leaving me there like I didn't exist. There was a man sitting at one of the computer stations, and he just shook his head in disbelief.

I've had several bad experiences at Cabelas in the past, but this one tops them all. I will never return to the store, no matter their sale prices or other offers. This was insulting and ridiculous to the point of absurdity.
By Clawed
Looks like he doesnt need his paycheck
You should call the store manager.
By jerryd
I have been looking forward to going there but the more i hear about the place i might as well stay around here and use the locals.
By hayes1966
Clawed wrote:Looks like he doesnt need his paycheck
The manager is as useless as the rest of the idiots.
By myglimk2
Maybe you should have OC'd. :lol:
By mu2bdriver
They really are the best advertisement for some other shops or buying online. I never go there with the intention of buying something - just to look around and kill some time - and if I manage to buy something which isn't that often, it's just luck.
By Mike_Diako
hayes1966 wrote:
Clawed wrote:Looks like he doesnt need his paycheck
The manager is as useless as the rest of the idiots.
That about sums it up
By CTSixshot
The few times I've been there and purchased anything, I usually go down to the main checkout area w/o a second thought. Never had any excessive grief on check-out.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nvisn
myglimk2 wrote:Maybe you should have OC'd. :lol:
It doesn't help.

Last last time I went there (before you and I went) I waited 35 minutes at a counter to be told what I wanted wasn't in stock. Even after I plead with the useless witch behind the paperwork counter to check on it for me.
By Harry
mu2bdriver wrote:They really are the best advertisement for some other shops or buying online. I never go there with the intention of buying something - just to look around and kill some time - and if I manage to buy something which isn't that often, it's just luck.
Same here.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!