News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

%*$# Cabelas, again

Reports and information on local vendors.

Moderator: Moderators

BigKahuna
Marksman V
Marksman V

%*$# Cabelas, again

Postby BigKahuna » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:28 pm

I went to Cabelas today to buy some of their sale-priced ammo. I grabbed the last six boxes of the Rio buckshot on the shelf, then picked up a box of Remington 12-gauge waterfowl shells. I wandered around a little, then went to the register to check out.

There was a gentleman discussing his purchase with a clerk, and nobody else (employees or customers) in the area. I waited about 5 minutes and they finished their conversation. The customer gathered his merchandise and departed. There was nobody else (still) near the register. I had placed my seven boxes of ammo on the counter, and the clerk said to me: "are you here just to check out?" and I replied "yes". He then said "it will be a lot faster if you go downstairs, because we still have a lot of guns to check out". I glanced around in all directions, and there was STILL NOBODY THERE. I said "I only have 7 boxes of ammo" and the clerk spun on his heels and went through the door to the back room, leaving me there like I didn't exist. There was a man sitting at one of the computer stations, and he just shook his head in disbelief.

I've had several bad experiences at Cabelas in the past, but this one tops them all. I will never return to the store, no matter their sale prices or other offers. This was insulting and ridiculous to the point of absurdity.

"If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome." — Cam Edwards

Clawed
Marksman IV
Marksman IV

Postby Clawed » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Looks like he doesnt need his paycheck
You should call the store manager.

jerryd
Sharpshooter II
Sharpshooter II

Postby jerryd » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:45 pm

I have been looking forward to going there but the more i hear about the place i might as well stay around here and use the locals.

hayes1966
High Master II
High Master II

Postby hayes1966 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Clawed wrote:Looks like he doesnt need his paycheck

The manager is as useless as the rest of the idiots.
NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Maybe you should have OC'd. :lol:
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."
-David Icke

mu2bdriver
Sharpshooter II
Sharpshooter II

Postby mu2bdriver » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:13 pm

They really are the best advertisement for some other shops or buying online. I never go there with the intention of buying something - just to look around and kill some time - and if I manage to buy something which isn't that often, it's just luck.

Mike_Diako
Expert IV
Expert IV

Postby Mike_Diako » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:05 pm

hayes1966 wrote:
Clawed wrote:Looks like he doesnt need his paycheck

The manager is as useless as the rest of the idiots.

That about sums it up
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II

Postby CTSixshot » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:18 pm

The few times I've been there and purchased anything, I usually go down to the main checkout area w/o a second thought. Never had any excessive grief on check-out.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nvisn
High Master II
High Master II

Postby nvisn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:23 pm

myglimk2 wrote:Maybe you should have OC'd. :lol:

It doesn't help.

Last last time I went there (before you and I went) I waited 35 minutes at a counter to be told what I wanted wasn't in stock. Even after I plead with the useless witch behind the paperwork counter to check on it for me.

Harry
Sharpshooter II
Sharpshooter II

Postby Harry » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:02 pm

mu2bdriver wrote:They really are the best advertisement for some other shops or buying online. I never go there with the intention of buying something - just to look around and kill some time - and if I manage to buy something which isn't that often, it's just luck.

Same here.

Return to “Local Vendors”