Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By BigKahuna
I was looking for a certain item and went to the 3 noted dealers. Per usual, I received a cordial greeting and assistance at NGX, but they didn't have what I wanted.

Went to Hoffman's next, figuring I would be waiting for the usual 15 minutes before anyone bothered to help me. Bad assumption! A very nice guy named John Kelly assisted me and gave me some good pointers, etc. So I recommend asking for John as soon as you get there. But, once again, they didn't have what I wanted.

So, off to the dreaded Cabela's. I encountered David in the new handguns area, who was as helpful as a signpost. I then spoke to Steve, who was helpful and patient. He actually found what I wanted, and even though their prices are high, I decided to buy. Beware of Cabela's new method of receiving authorizations from the State and Feds! They submit the Federal first, and then the State when the Feds clear you. The waiting time was at least doubled, and the salesmen hate the new corporate directive as much as the customers. It took over an hour for the process!

One of the salesmen, Nick, asked me to go to Cabela's website to voice my opinion/complaint, and I did. There was another customer that was "processed" in front of me, and he said it was the last time he would be in Cabela's. There were a couple more still waiting after I was done, and they were not happy, either.

Just an FYI.
By GixerJockey
So what did you get?

And John Kelly is a very good friend and a great person.
By BigKahuna
Bought a Ruger Mark III 22/45 from John Kelly at Hoffman's, then a Browning Buck Mark Camper Stainless from Cabela's.

My wife will be using the Ruger, when she can get it away from me. I'll be the primary user of the Buck Mark, when I can get it away from her!
By hayes1966
There is only one NICS system, CT state handles the Federal requirements for all purchases in CT. This is just more bs from the inept staff at Cabelas.
By kayakdave
John Kelly is great to deal with. I bought a few guns from him. He is also a neighbor!
By JohnB
+1 for john, a real gent !
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!