Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By 67malibu
Took my youngest boy there today with me to pickup some .357 ammo. that place was a mad house! I dont know why it was so full but they are doing killer business today.

barely got the ammo I needed the shelf with the 357 was pretty empty and the sticker prices just seemed high to me. i think i may looking into online ordering.

we seen like 6 guns get sold in 15 minutes.
By newguy
The fear of a second term of Obama is setting in going to be just like before ammo shortages and huge waits to buy guns
By 67malibu
I can honestly say that place was the fullest I have ever seen a gun store. we had just enough room to get to the isle of rounds grab 4 boxes. looked at some awesome .45's found my next purchase and if the kid wasn't there to tell on me I would have brought home a used M&P.45 it was marked $425 some guy behind the counter tells me he will let that go $350- $375 cash.. i had to run outta there :D
By Mopar
I've been hearing this about a lot of stores and gun shows. I suspect a lot of it is just like Newguy says, pre-election jitters. If Øbama wins in November you can expect things to be even crazier then they were 4yrs ago. I would seriously say brass and lead is the best possible investment you can make. Stack it deep, while you still can.
By magneton44
Just left there myself a couple of hours ago. Pawing the Glocks..G19 specifically. $499.00 for New Gen 3. Couldn't get myself to buy it, plus my bride was with me, so she always is the voice of reason :roll: Holding out for a "deal" somewhere... :wink:
By AgentP
Mopar wrote:Stack it deep, while you still can.
+100
Just ordered 2000 rounds of 223 and 400 rounds 300 blackout. It'll be way more crazy if obama gets back in. God help us all.
By 67malibu
magneton44 wrote:Just left there myself a couple of hours ago. Pawing the Glocks..G19 specifically. $499.00 for New Gen 3. Couldn't get myself to buy it, plus my bride was with me, so she always is the voice of reason :roll: Holding out for a "deal" somewhere... :wink:
I wanted to get to the glocks but screw that it was nuts in that area and my kid is on crutches so i stayed away. I wanna look at a full size glock .45 and 9mm matching them up against the M&Ps. really want a .45 but I think it may be better to have one caliber in a compact and fullsize
just in case rounds get untouchable i only have to worry about 1 caliber
does that make any sense ?
By magneton44
I must have hit it at the right time, kind of thinned out @ 3:00 pm I agree, at this point anyway, 9mm is my choice of "1" caliber, hence, my reasoning to go back to Glock 9mm's. I do own the M&P in 9MM. Depending on my destination and attire, I do carry a Colt CCO .45 ACP. Got rid of my other 45's. BTW, Are you a member of Somers Sportsmens Association?
By 05roadking
I was in there this afternoon too, some 45 acp and a holster. I don't think I have been to a shop recently that wasnt packed.
By 67malibu
magneton44 wrote:I must have hit it at the right time, kind of thinned out @ 3:00 pm I agree, at this point anyway, 9mm is my choice of "1" caliber, hence, my reasoning to go back to Glock 9mm's. I do own the M&P in 9MM. Depending on my destination and attire, I do carry a Colt CCO .45 ACP. Got rid of my other 45's. BTW, Are you a member of Somers Sportsmens Association?
I have the M&P9C . I am a member of SSA. rarely hit the range but I'm trying to change that.. going with my boys with the .357 soon.
everyone I know is telling me get a glock .lol
By magneton44
67malibu wrote:
magneton44 wrote:I must have hit it at the right time, kind of thinned out @ 3:00 pm I agree, at this point anyway, 9mm is my choice of "1" caliber, hence, my reasoning to go back to Glock 9mm's. I do own the M&P in 9MM. Depending on my destination and attire, I do carry a Colt CCO .45 ACP. Got rid of my other 45's. BTW, Are you a member of Somers Sportsmens Association?
I have the M&P9C . I am a member of SSA. rarely hit the range but I'm trying to change that.. going with my boys with the .357 soon.
everyone I know is telling me get a glock .lol
I'll have to catch up with you @ SSA. I'm usually available during the day.
Yeah, there seems to be a GLOCK fever going on, not too sure why :?
I have a Ruger Police Service Six that I need to exercise :)
By 67malibu
That sounds good. shoot me a pm sometime and maybe we can meet up there.
By magneton44
Will Do...
By sjcolwell2
Yeah that place is pretty busy, most of the time.
By magneton44
Really is the only shop around us up here in the northern sticks, got a guy across the river, but a small shop. Never went back after one guy "barked" at me, after asking if the Colt Python he was handling had just come back from being blued. 8O The owner is cool, retired Army Ranger, hooked me up on a transfer and ship a couple of years back. But DickHead blew it :roll:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!