Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By Y3V
A friend just got a part time gig there.. I'm going to check this place out soon.
By 3319
magneton44 wrote:Were you at Hoffman's yesterday?
Yep. Looked at the new Walther PPQ 9 & 40. I think they are $50 more than NGE. Hell, the two used PPQs in back are more than NGE new PPQs. The used ones were $499.
I could actually get the gun cheaper from Buds or Jet with a $20 CT FFL fee and no tax. I could buy a gun in The Great State of Texas next month when I'm down there. There's a big gun show in Dallas the first weekend I'm in town. My dad, resident of Texas, could buy it and we do a private sale. Not sure how the laws of CT look at that though. I'd probably have to have my dad ship it to an FFL up here for me to take possession of it here in the People's Republic of Konnecticut.
By magneton44
Yeah, that's why "shopping" is the best method. I tend to get a base price on Gunbroker and go from there. I know nothing about the Texas Handgun Transfer laws. I would think if your not a resident, you'd have to go the FFL route. I'd like to handle that Walther myself. If your up around East Windsor / Enfield, stop by Riverview Sales, decent shop.
By 3319
Kinda tough for me to get up there. Live in Norwich, work in New Haven. Sometimes work in Meriden or Bridgeport for a few hours of the day. I was lucky to get a few extra minutes to stop by Hoff. Wish I had the time to get by NGE as well. Maybe next time.
I'm chompin' at the bit to get my CT permit. It's been 20 years since I lived in Texas and had access to a wide range of handguns and long guns. But I'm part of that pistol permit backlog BS, so I have to wait to help out the economy.
By PaiN
As it turns out, I'm buying a firearm at NGX today....

The NGX price seems okay, it just happens to be found nowhere else at the moment.
By magneton44
Hmm, : "Special" firearm??
By jamesb
Y3V wrote:A friend just got a part time gig there.. I'm going to check this place out soon.
Don't go through that guy he's horrible. He increases prices when I ask about firearms. :wink: Unless he does unspeakable things to them first. :lol:

Usually I deal with Tom when I go there. Always been happy with them. I've purchased almost a dozen through them without any issues.
By Y3V
jamesb wrote:
Y3V wrote:A friend just got a part time gig there.. I'm going to check this place out soon.
Don't go through that guy he's horrible. He increases prices when I ask about firearms. :wink: Unless he does unspeakable things to them first. :lol:

Usually I deal with Tom when I go there. Always been happy with them. I've purchased almost a dozen through them without any issues.
:lol:
By Grouse
Had a great experience there last weekend also. Picked up a couple of pistols.
By Y3V
Just went there tonight. Great selection and friendly folk.. I will probably pick up my PPS from them!
By 3319
I might take a half day from work tomorrow and drop by in the afternoon on the way home. Gotta check prices ya know.
By GixerJockey
PaiN wrote:As it turns out, I'm buying a firearm at NGX today....

The NGX price seems okay, it just happens to be found nowhere else at the moment.
What did you buy and who took care of you? I was there from 5pm-8pm last night.
By GixerJockey
jamesb wrote:

You shut your dirty mouth! :evil:
By PaiN
GixerJockey wrote:

I bought the Bersa BP9cc ....I'm not sure of the guys name(maybe Dave) younger, big guy, with short hair.....I've dealt with him a few times and have no complaints with his service(hell, come to think of it, he held the gun aside for me without taking a deposit when I called back on it).
By GixerJockey
PaiN wrote:
GixerJockey wrote:

I bought the Bersa BP9cc ....I'm not sure of the guys name(maybe Dave) younger, big guy, with short hair.....I've dealt with him a few times and have no complaints with his service(hell, come to think of it, he held the gun aside for me without taking a deposit when I called back on it).
That was Tom. Great guy.

I'm the one Yev was referring to. I work there part time (employee discount!).
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!