Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By BigKahuna
My wife and I went to the Newington Gun Exchange today, and had a great experience there.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, as well as patient with us. I looked at 8 or 9 different handguns, before deciding on a certain model. Nobody got exasperated or made any comments. The gentleman that assisted us (Jerry, I think) took his time and was very good about answering questions, etc.

I should add that I observed other staff assisting other customers, and they were also polite and patient.

Even the other customers were great; nobody complained about waiting or how long a customer was taking.

I figured it would be a nice change of pace to read about a good experience, rather than more complaints!

Kudos to NGX!
By magneton44
99% of the time, I have the same experience there.
By PaiN
magneton44 wrote:99% of the time, I have the same experience there.
1% of the time you might be unlucky and have to deal with that big asshole. :x
By hayes1966
NGX is one of the best stores in the state!

Staff are excellent!
By magneton44
Not too sure who you mean, :? At NGE??
By PaiN
magneton44 wrote:Not too sure who you mean, :? At NGE??
Its not important...well only too me. There is some one at NGX I won't deal with. Other wise its a good shop.
By magneton44
Got it... :wink:
By 2dobies
Always have a good experience there, +1 for them
By sjcolwell2
Yeah that place is great, baught a few gun from them over the years , and never had a problem.
By BigJonBoy
Gary is a good Guy. NOT Gary the gunsmith. Gary Loomis, he's a salesman and a damn good one. Anytime I have a question I always go to see Gary.the gunsmithing services are horrible there. Beware. I brought my colt series 70 to get some night sights put on her. When I got her back 2 weeks later (!) The front sight was way off. Some slag underneath. Wish i took a pic. went back in for another two weeks! Now she's fixed but I expected it to be good the first time. I wanna go to school to be a gunsmith, I would never let that quality of work leave my bench. Word gets around... anyways remember Gary loomis. He's a great guy.
By sjcolwell2
Good to know
By 3319
Maybe I've missed it, but does NGE have a website?
I went to the other place in Newington today for the first time. (I'm currently in the State permit backlog) Freakin' place was packed and no one available to help. They probably needed 5 more folks helping customers. And they need to lower their prices too.
By magneton44
I have never found their website, having searched, I don't believe they have one.
Were you at Hoffman's yesterday?
By PaiN
3319 wrote:Maybe I've missed it, but does NGE have a website?
It used to be here: http://ww5.newingtongunex.com/ but it seems they took the site down.
By Hermes
The first gun I ever bought in CT was from there. Gary walked me through what's legal for hunting in CT and what's not, and had some wonderful suggestions on what I should get.

Whenever I'm not quite sure what to get, I go there and talk to someone there. It was at Newington Gun Exchange that I was not sure what .22 rifle to get until they put a Walther G22 in my hand. It was nothing like what I was thinking I was looking for, yet exactly what I was looking for. I ended up buying a G22 about a week later.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!