Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By hayes1966
That is basically why I go. It is a day out.
By SR9
Yup, I needed some time away from home and work to just enjoy my hobby. i take shows like that for what they are and just enjoy looking at some of the interesting stuff that can be seen as well as being with like minded people.

I have to say the highlight for me was checking out the MP40 that was there. I really enjoy the historical part of fire arms which is why my inexpensive surplus rifles mean a lot to me.

In any case if I have time I will probably go next Saturday just for fun. By the time this week is over I will need some fun time to myself.
By CTSixshot
If that's what you guys seek, hit the Swap Meet/Tag Sale at Bozrah R&G on Feb 18th and the Southington Sportsmans Club sometime in the Spring. The Bozrah event costs $1, the Southington, nada. They may not have new firearms, but it's a day out.
By Rbadbadger
Yeah that's the only reason I go, Just to window shop. Picked up my Mosin there from an old guy who kept trying to hit on my bring my girlfriend home.

Sadly...He wouldn't trade the Mosin for my girlfriend..:( Not sure what that says
By 05roadking
where in wallingford? There is usually an ad in the local paper.
By dgallag339
Anyone know the cost to get in?
By newguy
10 bucks 9 if you download the 1 off coupon and print it out
By Savage99
The show cost $12.

The gunshow in Wallingford is like many of them now with just repro made military stuff.

There were very few guns there. Mostly all bayonets, knives and flashlights. If your into the military stuff then the shows today are for that.

Granted there is not much hunting around these days so the market seems to be shoot em up guns.

There was only one M70 there and it was 770 which is a sort of repro itself!

Keep in mind that I like fine sporting and target guns and that I have the M70 I bought new in 1953.

The dealer from upstate NY who has some nice guns was not there.

Local gunshops have more stuff let alone a big store.

Unless of course you want a fake bayonet.
By hayes1966
I didn't make it to this one. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!