Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By GreggAndrews
Actually... a nice IWB knife sheath would be nice...

And so it starts. :P
By jamesb
Oh I put Crossbreed IWB clips on my holster and it wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was that comfy either. It hugs my body pretty good even OWB. A knife sheath (folded over kind) with a IWB clip might actually be pretty good though.

Lots of ideas and only so much time in a day.
By magneton44
jamesb wrote:Oh I put Crossbreed IWB clips on my holster and it wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was that comfy either. It hugs my body pretty good even OWB. A knife sheath (folded over kind) with a IWB clip might actually be pretty good though.

Lots of ideas and only so much time in a day.
Now you did it..Opened the can of.......~~~~~~~"s :lol:
By jamesb
Not lined. Basically going to wear the finish slightly on certain edges where it contacts the firearm. This is just something that happens with a full kydex rig. I've been inserting and removing my M&P from the holster a bunch. I'm still wearing in the holster and I end up with bits of kydex on the slide. Once it is fully worn in, no more kydex shavings/bits should come out with firearm.

Retention is still pretty tight. The only real place i'm having kydex removed is from the front edge of the ejection port. If I remove that indentation which is providing some retention, I should still have retention from the trigger guard and no more wear on the kydex. I'm going to give it a bit of heat tonight and check it out.
By jamesb
Just placed an order for some training guns. :D

Glock 19/23/32
Glock 17/22/31
S&W M&P 9/40 Full size

I will be able to make holsters for these guns currently.

Also, I have another idea for double mag pouches. I think single mag pouches are better so i'm working on a way to combine two into a double mag pouch.

My girlfriend had a good point. After we chatted, she said, "You know you don't have to make anything you don't want to right?"

LMAO...I forgot about that. I'm going to focus on holsters, knife sheaths, and single mag pouches for now. When I have time I will work on making a double mag pouch.
By GreggAndrews
"You know you don't have to make anything you don't want to right?"

Be very, VERY careful. It sounds like she wants a double mag pouch...

Kydex Jewelery? :lol:
By jamesb
GreggAndrews wrote:
"You know you don't have to make anything you don't want to right?"

Be very, VERY careful. It sounds like she wants a double mag pouch...

Kydex Jewelery? :lol:
I already told her a belt holster for nail polish would be sweet..... :lol:

Buddy is bringing his LCP tonight so im making one for that next.
By ketel1
James.. You feel like trying one for a P226. Ill bring it the next time i go to plates at Bridgeport.
By Mike_Diako
What thickness Kydex are you using? I want to give it a whirl myself.
By AgentP
James.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, you are the person I'm looking for!! I have a 1911, no factory rail. Bought a Novak rail, description said it would allow 1911 to fit holsters made for factory railed guns. Well, my Raven holster showed up after 4 months and it doesn't fit!! Would you be able to reshape my holster?? A little heat and your press I think it would be perfect. I'll PM you as well. Hope to hear from you. Some sort of compensation can be arranged.

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!