Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By hooligan
So I go into the Perch in Saybrook last Friday and I spotted a gun my buddy has been looking for for some time and I ask the shopkeeper to see it. I look it over it is a nice piece and I ask him how much, he says $600. So I tell my buddy he goes in the shop and the guy quotes him $700. My buddy buys one from another shop. Meanwhile I start to thinking that that gun would fit in my collection so when I call on that shopkeeper again he remembers me and says what did I qoute you on this gun? I say $600, he says oh I can't sell it to you for $600 I've had offers for $650, so I said you won't sell me the gun for the price you quoted me on Friday (it's Wednesday)? and he says no. I ask so how much is the gun and he replys I really don't know what I'm going to do with those gun. WTF it is still in the case offered for sale but you don't know the price? He tells me he is selling a doctors collection of which this gun is part of, and half of them are sold. When I show an interest the price goes up and then he does not know what he is doing with the gun?? I know that you can run your gun shop any way you'd like but you really should put a price tag on the guns, and stand by your quotes. I will not be in his shop again and for $50 he lost a customer, I was ready to buy it, I have cash in hand. I am going to tell everyone I know about this starting here.
By newguy
Sounds like when i went to BMG and asked the guy why they were selling Yugo SKS for 475 when most places are selling them at the most for 300 tops. Answer i got was well these are better and our overhead is more. Number one they were in worse shape then other ones i was looking at in another store and number two 175 dollars is alot of overhead if you ask me.
By hooligan
The funny thing is the gun ain't worth the $600 I was going to offer him $550. To Quote him he said to me on Friday "these guns are hard to come by and when you do nobody want them" too funny!
By newguy
That basically why i am done buying at local shops even though i rather support small business there markups are out of control and most of the time service locally is extremely lacking. Rather find someone on forum that wants to sell or wait till my C&R comes in before i buy another firearm locally
By nvisn
newguy wrote:That basically why i am done buying at local shops even though i rather support small business there markups are out of control and most of the time service locally is extremely lacking. Rather find someone on forum that wants to sell or wait till my C&R comes in before i buy another firearm locally
The only shop I feel 110% comfortable working with is CT Firearms and Tactical. The rest of the whole lot sucks if you want my opinion.
By myglimk2
nvisn wrote:
newguy wrote:That basically why i am done buying at local shops even though i rather support small business there markups are out of control and most of the time service locally is extremely lacking. Rather find someone on forum that wants to sell or wait till my C&R comes in before i buy another firearm locally
The only shop I feel 110% comfortable working with is CT Firearms and Tactical. The rest of the whole lot sucks if you want my opinion.
Agreed!
By GreggAndrews
I don't wanna piss in anyone's cornflakes, but NW Sporting Goods is an excellent crew to deal with as well. They've always done right by me. :)
By LTB45
myglimk2 wrote:
nvisn wrote:
Agreed!
Rob is the BEST!

Ran into "Cliff Clavin" I mean John Ratzenberger in his shop last week.
By YeaItsSlo
nvisn wrote:

I was into them as well until they told me a gun I bought from another dealer was refurbished because their price was too low. Never again.
By Savage99
I avoid the grouse perch because of the dogs there. They jump all over me and the owner there thinks they are cute.

I did get a nice rifle there a few years ago.

When I am in Saybrook I will stop in the North Cove Outfitters as they have nice guns.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!