Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By PaiN
I was driving into work this morning, turning on to Framington Ave(rt6) when I happen to glace over and saw this sign on the window: Jim's Gun Shop....I've never seen it before, so it must be a new opening(believe me, I would have known it was there). The shop is literally blocks from my house :) This new store was closed at 6:30 when I got out but I got to check out the store front and its definitely a shop with inventory, they buy and sell guns and provide NRA training classes. That's all I know so far I plan to stop in asap and give the place a going over. This could be a dangerous development......
btw: I can't find them on the net, either.
Last edited by PaiN on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PaiN
SR9 wrote:Guard your wallet though!
:D
I'll try ...but...If the shop is staffed by good people providing decent service, at minimum, I'd be obligated to purchase a "welcome to the neighborhood" firearm from them. :)
By hayes1966
A gunshop owner seeing Pain walking into the store is like a child seeing Santa Clause... only good things will follow :)
By PaiN
ops...my mistake the shop is: Jim's Gun Shop (corrected above)
Anyway, very nice owner (Jim) he has relocated the store from Broadbrook and is waiting on his full inventory to arrive.
Right now there is a decent amount of C&R and various estate firearms. including a nice Norinco .22lr CZ427 copy ;), lots of lever action rifles and cowboy revolvers. Three 1911s of various flavors. No gunsmithing services.
By hayes1966
What is the street address of the store?
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:What is the street address of the store?
Its on Farmington Ave, Jim's Gun Shop.

Stop by we'll go together, its only a minute from my house.
By hayes1966
I don't know Bristol, I was looking to plug it into my GPS as I was at Wolfs today and wanted to stop by after.
By hayes1966
Stopped in there today .. some interesting non firearm related items but the firearms are few and over priced.
Last edited by hayes1966 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PROBIKE101
I THOUGHT MY PRAYERS HAD BEEN ANSWERED,BEING FROM BRISTOL,
I CHECKED IT OUT,MY PRAYERS IT SEEMS HAVE NOT BEEN ANSWERED
THE WAY I THOUGHT THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED,BACK TO THE EXCHANGE IN NEWINGTON.I GUESS........
By PaiN
PROBIKE101 wrote:I THOUGHT MY PRAYERS HAD BEEN ANSWERED,BEING FROM BRISTOL,
I CHECKED IT OUT,MY PRAYERS IT SEEMS HAVE NOT BEEN ANSWERED.
Me too when I first saw this store, since its mere blocks from my house......but alas, there is no reason to go here, outside of the owner being a nice guy to talk with...
All the firearms are way over priced, the selection is abysmal, he pays pennies on the dollar for used guns and his FFL transfer fee is $50.....
By PROBIKE101
looks like he buys alot of used stuff from dead peoples estates.ammo looked old and aside from the one pre 64 winchester for 800.00,it seems we still dont have a gun shop,but ,another antique dealer with an ffl
some one will answer my prayers someday......................lol
By PaiN
PROBIKE101 wrote:looks like he buys alot of used stuff from dead peoples estates.ammo looked old and aside from the one pre 64 winchester for 800.00,it seems we still dont have a gun shop,but ,another antique dealer with an ffl
some one will answer my prayers someday......................lol
Your assessment is dead on PROBIKE...

I'm good with the fun shops where they are....Just far enough that I can't go visit on a whim ;)
What would be an answer to my prayers is if the Bristol wal-mart would start stocking a freeakin' better selection of ammo :evil:
By GreggAndrews
What would be an answer to my prayers is if the Bristol wal-mart would start stocking a freeakin' better selection of ammo

Come to Torrin'ton. We gots lotsa ammo in our Walmart. :lol:
By PaiN
GreggAndrews wrote:Come to Torrin'ton. We gots lotsa ammo in our Walmart. :lol:
I know and rifles too.....Luckily I drive right by that store on my way to my club in Torrington.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!