Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By SigFan
Just picked up my new SIG P226 E2 from these guys. Small shop, but they're expanding. Andy is a good guy and I recommend stopping in if it's in your neck of the woods.
By PaiN
SigFan wrote:Just picked up my new SIG P226 E2 from these guys. Small shop, but they're expanding. Andy is a good guy and I recommend stopping in if it's in your neck of the woods.
Oh wait........... :?: ......It was you....ignore my PM :oops:
By YellowTT7744
sorry to say I did not like this place. I firmly believe if an establishment is anti-gun it should not be selling firearms. I rather spend my $$$ somewhere else. Theres a sign on the front door that reads (absolutely no firearms are allowed on the premises) What????
You sell firearms hello. sorry I will recommend to family and friends not to spend a single penny ot drive by this palce. CT sporting is just a 1/2mile down the road and they are gun friendly.
By SigFan
YellowTT7744 wrote:sorry to say I did not like this place. I firmly believe if an establishment is anti-gun it should not be selling firearms. I rather spend my $$$ somewhere else. Theres a sign on the front door that reads (absolutely no firearms are allowed on the premises) What????
You sell firearms hello. sorry I will recommend to family and friends not to spend a single penny ot drive by this palce. CT sporting is just a 1/2mile down the road and they are gun friendly.
Not sure that I saw this sign, but I think it would be pretty hard for a shop to buy firearms if they didn't allow them on the premises. I walked in with my SIG to sell while picking up another and they clearly had no problem with it. I walked it over and handed it to the owner, who inspected it. Again, no problems. I know they don't want you taking out a loaded firearm with a chambered round, but many places prefer you don't waive around a hot firearm.

For what it's worth, whenever I am about to take out a weapon in the store I let them know that I am about to do so and ask if that's OK. It's sensible and courteous. It's also safe. For instance, I know that when I do so at JoJo's they ask me if the weapon is hot. If I say yes, then they ask me not to. I don't see how this is "anti-gun."

I'm not saying that you're not entitled to your opinion or that the sign isn't there. I'm simply saying that this was not my experience at all. Service was good and the folks are nice and helpful.
By SR9
Sounds reasonable. The only time I took out a gun at a gun shop was from a carrying case and the slide was locked back and the mag was out.

I keep a pistol case just for that purpose so there are no misunderstandings.

As for carrying, I always have in gun stores. Concealed is concealed and nobody but me knew.
By YellowTT7744
signs like the one i saw supply ammo for anti-gun legislation gurus. our right to bear arms is always being attacked or chipped away at all the time. An anti gun sign at a gun retailer just sends the wrong messg and sooner or later it will be used against us by anti-gun politicians.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!