Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By waylon66
There's a "Big Al's Gun Show" in Danbury, CT in Jan 2011. Anybody have experience with these shows.. are their prices decent? ... especially interested in SIG Sauer.
By nvisn
Ill never go to one again. Just on the basis that I refuse to enter an environment with so many firearms and being forced to disarm to enter.
By waylon66
Thanks nvism,
is "disarming" just this gun show .. or is it true of all gun shows you've been to?
By nvisn
Ive been to Big Al's shows in NY and CT and it was the same at both. I've never been to one sponsored by anyone else.
By hayes1966
I was with a friend who was carrying and they didn't do anything to his firearm. I believe they only put ties on guns that are for sale by individuals going in.
By waylon66
thanks, Hayes1966 --- i've got a S&W 686 6" (dash 4 prelock) that i'll be bringing to see what i can get for it.
By Mike-Sid
waylon66 wrote:There's a "Big Al's Gun Show" in Danbury, CT in Jan 2011. Anybody have experience with these shows.. are their prices decent? ... especially interested in SIG Sauer.
I'll be set up next to Tom from Housatonic Valley Firearms. Tom usually has a bunch of Sig's. His prices are good and he always sells a bunch of guns.
By SR9
Mike-Sid wrote:
waylon66 wrote:There's a "Big Al's Gun Show" in Danbury, CT in Jan 2011. Anybody have experience with these shows.. are their prices decent? ... especially interested in SIG Sauer.
I'll be set up next to Tom from Housatonic Valley Firearms. Tom usually has a bunch of Sig's. His prices are good and he always sells a bunch of guns.
Sounds good Mike...remind me of the date when we get closer. Maybe I will come visit.
By Mike-Sid
Sounds like a plan! Looking for anything special
By SR9
No, the budget for 2010 is finished. Gotta get Mrs. SR9 healthy and back to work before I add to the family.

Does not cost much to look though.
By JohnB
are you going to be selling teddy bears again mike ??
By Savage
I really couldn't find much vendor info online for this show. Anyone go there today? I'm going tomorrow and I was just wondering what to expect, places to check out or avoid.
By nvisn
nvisn wrote:Ill never go to one again. Just on the basis that I refuse to enter an environment with so many firearms and being forced to disarm to enter.
I've changed my mind since Savage will be the one disarming me in the parking lot.
By hayes1966
I normally would go to the Danbury show but there is one in Wallingford next week and I have a lot going on this w/e. I have always found something at the show that I needed.
By PaiN
I would like to back it up here....
I did read correctly...? This "Gun show/sale" requires patrons attending to be disarmed of their private legal weapons before going in?
Are nvisn and I the only ones that seem to have issue with this?
I'm sorry but if this is true and you knowingly pay and enter or show support in any way what-so-ever(vending your wares etc..) then you are a sheep and hypocrite....
I'm not joking and don't give a rats ass if you like my tone or not. I call any gun owner who attends out on this one...

Think about it..
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!