Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By hayes1966
I believe that is not the case. If you bring a firearm to sell then it is checked in and a wire tie put around the action.
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:I believe that is not the case. If you bring a firearm to sell then it is checked in and a wire tie put around the action.
If that is the case then it is a completely different situation....than "being disarmed at the door".
But from nvisn's post...it sure sounded like patrons were have their personal weapons removed....
By nvisn
PaiN wrote:
hayes1966 wrote:I believe that is not the case. If you bring a firearm to sell then it is checked in and a wire tie put around the action.
If that is the case then it is a completely different situation....than "being disarmed at the door".
But from nvisn's post...it sure sounded like patrons were have their personal weapons removed....
That is correct, they had a no carry policy enforced.
By Savage
Rather than jump to conclusions and call names, I spoke with Seth at 914-760-3026 in regards to the CT gun shows. You can carry in there. Though there is a no mag policy. At the door, they put a tie on yours and give it back to you.
By hayes1966
No mag policy .. that sounds like a no carry policy to me.
By Savage
I had no issues carrying in there at all today. I wasn't checked. I wasn't asked. And, my gun wasn't zip-tied. I don't really think the show was worth the huff. What two or three things that I was looking for and there, were a bit pricier than could be found in a shop.
By PaiN
I'm glad to hear this show didn't infringe on gun owners rights and ability to defend themselves.

I still can't believe the show did at other venues or that some of you seem "alright" with it....
By Speedway
No one noticed the 357 in my pocket. Concealed means concealed.

There were more guns for sale at this show than the last couple I went to. It was actually refreshing.

No hot sauce vendors this time either.

I bought some ammo.

The tough part of this show for me is that I know half of the sellers already. I know their inventory already. The good part is that the show is only 10 minutes away. If it were farther, I would probably pass on it all together.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!