Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By nvisn
Yesterday I had a day off and I decided to see what I could find for a good deal on a rifle. I had a couple of things I was looking to trade in, so I loaded up the car and off I went. As soon as I walked in I saw an AK-74 (WASR-2) on the wall that I fell in love with. Rick (The owner) was a super nice guy to deal with and made me a fair offer on my trade. Not to bash any other shops but no other shop I have been to in the area had that "personal" feeling. A woman with no apparent firearms knowledge came in with a black powder rifle from an estate and he offered to sell it for her for almost no benefit to himself at all. Not only do I not have any connection to the shop or the owner but this was my first time in the place, I didn't know before this week it even existed.
By nyalex98
post pics of that AK74 and MODs and 5.45x39 ammo findings.
By dgallag339
I have dealt with Rick for years although not much in recent years and was always pleased he also always has a ton of stuff on Gunbroker.com.
By nvisn
Ill get some pics up here in a day or so. As far as mods, all I am doing anytime soon is a scope mount and red dot scope. I found ammo for it locally @ Bob's Gun Exchange in Darien where I picked up 3 boxes just to fill the magazines while I await the 1080 round case I ordered for it from RGUNs for $125.
By nyalex98
keep in mind, 1080 round case ammo is corrosive.
By nvisn
Thanks for the heads up but I am super anal about cleaning my firearms after every range trip.
By JohnB
dont forget the gas system with water too :)
By ketel1
When i look at his prices i feel like im getting raped........ and thats when i dont buy anything......
By nvisn
JohnB wrote:dont forget the gas system with water too :)
huh?
By nvisn
ketel1 wrote:When i look at his prices i feel like im getting raped........ and thats when i dont buy anything......
Hes not a cheap as buds, but think his prices are in line with local shops. Maybe I'm ignorant. I just got into guns within the past year.
By CTSixshot
Never fails that you find what you have cheaper the week after you buy it...
By nvisn
nyalex98 wrote:post pics of that AK74 and MODs and 5.45x39 ammo findings.
Here is a "family" photo:

By nyalex98
nice... 8) where is the Mosquito?
By Chantry
nvisn wrote:
huh?
He meant not to forget to clean the gas system as well as the barrel. If you don't already know, most standard cleaning fluids/solvents do NOT work on corrosive ammo.

You can either clean with warm, soapy water, Ballistol or Windex w/vinegar to neutralize the corrosive elements and then clean and lubricate as normal
By nvisn
Chantry wrote:
nvisn wrote:
huh?
He meant not to forget to clean the gas system as well as the barrel. If you don't already know, most standard cleaning fluids/solvents do NOT work on corrosive ammo.

You can either clean with warm, soapy water, Ballistol or Windex w/vinegar to neutralize the corrosive elements and then clean and lubricate as normal
Thanks for the heads up guys. I had no idea...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!