Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reports and information on local vendors.
By Mike_Diako
I finally had a chance to swing by BMG Guns in the Berling Tpke today. All I can say is that I have never had such a positive experience while in a gun shop. From the moment I walked in the door I was greeted by the guys behind the counter. Any questions that I had were promptly answered. The thing that most amazed me is when I had asked about a Troy foregrip that was mounted on an AR the gentleman behind the counter went on a 5 minute one on one with me as to why the Troy products are as nice as they are. Needless to say I left there with a smile on my face today. Being a younger guy I always get the stupid tire kicker looks and attitudes in these places. BMG will be getting my business from now on. From what I saw, the prices aren't that bad either.

They get an A+ in my book.

BTW, I have no affiliation with BMG Guns. I just wanted to share my experience at this shop today. Businesses like this are few and far between. :)

http://www.bmgguns.com/
By JohnB
nice looking place, some interesting items in there too..like the black powder mortor and cannon, i enjoyed watching the dvd's he has streaming too
By CTSixshot
Indeed...I went by there a few weeks back...on a Tuesday.
They are closed on Tuesday! Argghhh!
By Socom
Sounds good, Mike! I'll be sure to check it out on my next trip, in about two weeks. Also, my thank's to 6 shot, good to know, there closed on Tuesday's...
By CTSixshot
Socom:
Unless I'm blind, I don't see store hours on their site, so you'd better call (Phone: 860-665-7636) b4 making a grand sojourn all the way over to Newington, CT.
By ChrisNCT
I enjoyed fondling the 1919A4 and A6 ! I was playing with the mechanisms.

:)
By Savage99
A shop I was in a week ago said that black guns sales have tanked.

Since I have no interest in AR's I will skip that shop.
By Mike_Diako
The store owner was giddy showing me the 8mm belt fed AR15 upper that he had there. that thing was incredible :D
By hayes1966
Savage99 wrote:A shop I was in a week ago said that black guns sales have tanked.

Since I have no interest in AR's I will skip that shop.
They have several M1 Garands, M1 Carbines and othe firearms besides the AR type.

It is worth a trip just to see some of the mortars etc on display.
By Socom
Thank's once again, Ct 6 shot; But when i go, I hit them all, Newington gun ex. and Hoffmans and most of the time the surplus store. But will call anyway to see what the hours are.
By AGust82
I stopped in there to look around today. I bought a few Colt AR 30rd mags they had for $20 ($25 at Hoffman's). Very interesting store. They seem to cater a little to the dirt cheap pistol market. There were a lot of Saturday night special type .22s and .25s, even a few Hi-Points. I've never actually seen a Hi-Point in a store before, let a lone two next to each other. A lot of ARs and parts for them. I saw a .410 shotgun firing AR upper. That sounds like fun. Nice people working in there, I'll be back again.
By fishluv
went in there today, very friendly. I will give them first shot at anything i'm going to purchase.

they are a class 2 so they can modify rifles to make them CT legal.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!