Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Mike_Diako
Not even worth it to load .223 in my opinion. The only time I reload my own is when I'm loading target rounds.

Not sure how the Mini action is, but try to see if you can clean the firing pin channel. It may be gunked up causing light strikes.
By Bcarp22
DiscountAmmoSales.com has some Wolf .223 although it's only boxes of 20. It's the same guy who owns targetsportsusa.com. Not sure why he has 2 different sites with different prices and stock but thought I would pass it along anyways. I have gone to his shop in Farmington to pick up before and gotten a good deal with no problems whatsoever.
By myglimk2
Mike_Diako wrote:Not even worth it to load .223 in my opinion. The only time I reload my own is when I'm loading target rounds.

Not sure how the Mini action is, but try to see if you can clean the firing pin channel. It may be gunked up causing light strikes.
Was just the ammo. :D
Shot plenty of Wolf through it today without a single issue. 8)
By Mike_Diako
Hmm, that's surprising. In my experience, all the steel I have shot tends to have a really hard primer. Not just the Tula. Good to know. Do they make heavier hammer springs for the Mini's? I hate it when my guns are picky on ammo, I can't leave it alone until it's 100% reliable with all types of ammo. I'm just an anal prick though. :lol:

Check out the Army surplus place next to BMG, last time I was there they had a bunch of Wolf ammo.
By myglimk2
Mike_Diako wrote:Hmm, that's surprising. In my experience, all the steel I have shot tends to have a really hard primer. Not just the Tula. Good to know. Do they make heavier hammer springs for the Mini's? I hate it when my guns are picky on ammo, I can't leave it alone until it's 100% reliable with all types of ammo. I'm just an anal prick though. :lol:

Check out the Army surplus place next to BMG, last time I was there they had a bunch of Wolf ammo.
They do make a heavier spring just for that reason, but I have heard mixed reviews on it and it is a PITA to put it in. Wolf is still cheap enough so I'm happy! :lol:

I'll check them out next time I am up that way. Just picked up 400+ rounds of Wolf 62gr today so that should keep me busy for a while. Still need to grab some more though.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!