Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By CTSixshot
There was a fella selling the Aquilla 22 caps at Southington, FWIW. These are powered by the primer compound alone, I believe.
Gone are the days of CB and BB caps, I guess.

The .30 caliber plastic bullet would also work in closer quarters, but they're far from quiet.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Thu May 24, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By newguy
I can just imagine what CCI is going to want cost wise for these. Soon as something considered speacil you have to add 5 bucks to the price
By MC
Last edited by MC on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mike_Diako
I have shot a couple boxes of the CCI Quiet. They are a little louder than the CB rounds. They dont have nearly enough power to cycle the action on a semi though.
By mberoose
I ran Aquila sub-sonic 22s out of my Marlin 795 a couple months ago...humongous 40 grain bullet, probably the same as these CCIs. Ran fine, actually ran better than the Wally World white box Winchester crap, but not quiet enough for my 'hood.
By AgentP
I shot some 22 quiets today. Side by side to standard velocity. With my suppressor on it was a tiny bit quieter than the standard. Not sure if I was just hearing the bullet impact the dirt berm with just a little less power behind it.

Wounldn't cycle, kinda guessed that going into it.

But, without the suppressor on I think they are both too loud for back yard pest control. I was shooting out of my AR-22 with a 8 1/2 barrel so I think it would be a bit quieter out of a 16" or 18" rifle. Next time I'll bring my 10/22.
By chadd
Aguila super sniper subsonic are pretty quiet and pack a good punch.
60 grain bullet
By GreggAndrews
Personally, I love the CCI CB Longs.

You have to cycle an automatic manually of course, but they are QUIET.
By Mike_Diako
If you're looking for REAAALLY quiet, you can't go wrong with the Aguila Super Colibri. A hand clap is louder.
By GreggAndrews
Mike_Diako wrote:If you're looking for REAAALLY quiet, you can't go wrong with the Aguila Super Colibri. A hand clap is louder.
I have a box of those, they're awesome. I just find that they don't cycle manually in any of my autos. :)

I just like the CCI's. They seem to print slightly better groups (although not by a huge margin), and knock down raccoons a little better.

Now that I think of it, I'll probably pick up a brick.
By Mike_Diako
The bullet is so light that accuracy is gone after about 25 yards if there is even the slightest breeze. It's a shame since they're so quiet.

They are great for shooting in the basement though. 8)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!