Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By newguy
Only place that i know that has it is Cabelas
By Mike_Diako
I must have missed it last time I was there. I usually pick up a couple bricks a year at the Springfield gun show but all the shithead hoarders bought EVERY SINGLE ROUND of .22 before 3pm on the first day.
By newguy
It in rimfire section all way at bottom
By MadSmith
We have a crate of that stuff. Very popular during winter time when people practice in their basements.

Will be at the Wallingford gun show this weekend.

http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/wa ... ngford.htm

$1 off coupon

By GixerJockey
You're talking about this stuff with the funny little bullets, right? If so, NGX has a pile of it too.

By GreggAndrews
I have a box of this stuff.

In all honesty, I find that it sucks compared to CCI CB shorts/longs.

Just my opinion.
By Mike_Diako
Any idea what they are asking for it? I will be by hopefully later today to pick up a brick. Thanks.

I use them for indoor shooting so the CB's are too loud. These Aguila ones have no powder at all. Just the primer for propellant. Extremely quiet. Even out of a .22 revolver.
By phoffer961
MadSmith wrote:We have a crate of that stuff. Very popular during winter time when people practice in their basements.

$1 off coupon

Wait... we can shoot in our basements?? Is that legal! My wife is going to hate this! :P
By GixerJockey
Mike_Diako wrote:Any idea what they are asking for it? I will be by hopefully later today to pick up a brick. Thanks.

I use them for indoor shooting so the CB's are too loud. These Aguila ones have no powder at all. Just the primer for propellant. Extremely quiet. Even out of a .22 revolver.
I don't remember how much it is. Usual discount applies... :wink:

I won't be there tonight, but I'll be there after 5 tomorrow.
By Mike_Diako
I'll try and stop by tomorrow evening. :D
By MadSmith
phoffer961 wrote:
MadSmith wrote:We have a crate of that stuff. Very popular during winter time when people practice in their basements.

$1 off coupon

Wait... we can shoot in our basements?? Is that legal! My wife is going to hate this! :P
She won't even know... The Colibri makes less sound than slapping your palm down on a wooden table. :lol:
By Mike_Diako
That's what I use it for. Extremely quiet. Very low power as well. This shit will still kill though so be careful.
By GreggAndrews
Are you shooting these out of a rifle, or pistol?

All I know is, the Aguila's are slightly louder than the CB's out of my rifles. I don't know why, but they are.

CB's are also more accurate & better squirrel/groundhog/pest killers. :)
By phoffer961
I grabbed this off the Midway USA website for this ammo:

Super Colibri has no powder, relying on only the primer to propel the bullet down the bore. The result is an extremely quiet rimfire round, perfect for close-range pest control or quiet plinking.

WARNING: These rounds are powered by the rimfire primer only. They must only be fired in handguns. If fired in rifles, the bullet may remain lodged in the barrel.
Will not cycle the slide of semi-automatic handguns
Aguila packages these as Long Rifle ammunition, but they are in fact slightly shorter than a 22 Long cartridge.

Interesting. I had never heard of this ammo until today!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!