Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By BigJonBoy
What are your favorite brands of carry/defensive ammo? I'm fond of speer gold dots, and federal hydroshocks. I also keep hornady critical defense in the. 38...
By punisher
Ive been using Corbons for years and never had a problem with them.
Just picked up Golden sabers and Buffallo bore and have yet to try them out.
Everytime i go to the firearms stores they always have Corbons so ive just stuck to them.
In my EDC i always have it loaded with Corbon 380 JHP +P.

Im still researching alot of EDC in 9mm so when i pick one ill have to start testing carry ammo in that one too.
Fun is.
By BigJonBoy
I like golden sabres too. Worked well in my Beretta 92fs, but that gun will eat anything...
By BigJonBoy
Are there any real benefits from nickel cases?
By PaiN
Hornady Critical Defense
By JohnFH
nickle is more corrosion resistant than brass, it won't tarnish
By Mike_Diako
For 9mm I like the Federal HST 147g.
By JohnFH
200 gr 45 acp semi wad cutters at about 900 fps
By GixerJockey
Always liked the Cor-Bon stuff. It's the hottest stuff out there for sure. But, I'm more a fan of some of the modern bullet designs. I'm currently using Speer Gold Dot in everything carry or home defense. I'm also going to be picking up a few boxes of the new Federal Guard Dog. Cool stuff... It has the appearance of a FMJ with a flat point. It compresses internally and flattens out upon impact. Lighter weight bullets (105 gr in 9mm) and is REALLY moving. In the 9mm it is going 1255 fps and making 355 lbs of energy at the muzzle. That's about 100 fps faster, and 65 ft lbs more than the equivelent Hydra-Shok.
By GreggAndrews
That's about 100 fps faster, and 65 ft lbs more than the equivelent Hydra-Sho
Ehh... light bullets don't sit well with me. :lol:
By GixerJockey
GreggAndrews wrote:
That's about 100 fps faster, and 65 ft lbs more than the equivelent Hydra-Sho
Ehh... light bullets don't sit well with me. :lol:
Can I shoot you with one?

Lighter+significantly faster=more energy

Are you old enough for a pistol permit yet? :twisted:
By GreggAndrews
Are you old enough for a pistol permit yet?
Not quite yettttttt... :cry:

BUT, I have done a little experimentation with my C&B revolvers. As two controls, I used my Old Army (7.5'' barrel), and then my cut down 1858 Remington (this was on a build thread a little while ago around here).

I used 200gr .452's (all cast) & then your typical .454 round ball (130gr-ish). I had to patch the bullets when using the Old Army on account of the chambers spec'd at .455-.456.

With less powder capacity, the .45 boolits all seemed to hit wayyyyy harder & penetrate more wood than the round ball did even at the RB's far higher velocity. (barrel length not regarded here as more than a definable measure to make the comparisons against) :D

I love experiments.
By nvisn
Winchester PDX1 in the 9mm and 12ga.
By jkysmrf
9mm Black Talons
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day