Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By GixerJockey
Who's got it? In good supply. Locally or online...

I'm primarily looking for cheap 9mm. I could use some .45acp as well.

All of my local Walmarts have gotten clobbbered for what I'm looking for. I just cleaned out the rocky hill store of 9mm Federal 100 round boxes ($19.97 each)

On the other hand... the Cromwell Walmart is stocked to the gills on .38 Special and .380 auto for anyone that is in need.
By magneton44
Haven't been able to look around, but for the eyes that are out there, updated news is a plus. Thanks! Knnee surgery down for a few weeks :)
By newguy
Good Luck trying to get anyone to help you in Cromwell Walmart to unlock cabinet to get ya the ammo out there horrible there took me 45 mins of waiting around to get one box of RWS 9mm
By CTSixshot
You grow weary of me posting this, but for newer members...
...the Old Saybrook WMT has about the best supply of ammo/reloading gear of any WMT around. You won't find .303 Brit Frangibles there nor 7.62x45mm, but they had two varieties of .44 Magnum (R-P 185gr JSP and Win 240gr JSP), two loads of .30-30 (R-P and Win), even a Hornady 45 LC choice.
Powder (Unique 1#, Red Dot 4# and Clays 4#), wads, shot and primers (CCI at $3.37/100).
Heck, I don't recall which store it was, but I once saw RCBS die sets on the rack!
By CTSixshot
newguy:

Are you in possession of a nine x nineteen now?
I will have to have you sample some of the 125gr TMJFPs that I recently loaded up.
By newguy
No this was like last summer when i had my Ruger P95 which i traded away. I swear some firearms don't hold my interest as much as others.

Cheap ammo I go with www.sgammo.com if you wanna do the online route fast shipping cheap shipping and it always gets to you in good shape
By magneton44
SR9 wrote:These guys seem to be pretty good. Their prices include shipping. I have ordered from before, service and product has been good.

http://www.ammoman.com/

:twocents:
Like It!! Thanks for the link
:)
By Mopar
CTSixshot wrote:You grow weary of me posting this, but for newer members...
...the Old Saybrook WMT has about the best supply of ammo/reloading gear of any WMT around. You won't find .303 Brit Frangibles there nor 7.62x45mm, but they had two varieties of .44 Magnum (R-P 185gr JSP and Win 240gr JSP), two loads of .30-30 (R-P and Win), even a Hornady 45 LC choice.
Powder (Unique 1#, Red Dot 4# and Clays 4#), wads, shot and primers (CCI at $3.37/100).
Heck, I don't recall which store it was, but I once saw RCBS die sets on the rack!
Just for S and giggles, you remember what WM was selling the unique for?
By CTSixshot
I just happened to write some notes last trip through the store to catch the bus over by Stop & Shop...
...One pound Unique: $20.97
...Four pound Red Dot; $68.97
...Four pound Clays was $72something
By GixerJockey
So just doing some quick homework on the suggested sites...

SGA Ammo is significantly cheaper, including shipping on most products that I compared.

What other places do you guys use?

I've checked all over Cheaper Than Dirt and it seems like they've crept up to brick and mordar retail prices.
By SR9
GixerJockey wrote:So just doing some quick homework on the suggested sites...

SGA Ammo is significantly cheaper, including shipping on most products that I compared.

What other places do you guys use?

I've checked all over Cheaper Than Dirt and it seems like they've crept up to brick and mordar retail prices.
I saw that too. I may give them a try too, I like to have several sources for anything I buy if possible.
By newguy
Thing I like about SGAmmo is some of there ammo you can buy in a 30 cal or 50 cal ammo can so you don't have to screw around opening a spam can
By punisher
Have any local stores stocked up on 22 lr or am I just day dreaming??
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!