Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By PaiN
I see the 420round sealed cases available for ~$150. How is this ammo? I they are a jacketed steel core for "enhanced penetration" right? Any problems with accuracy, reliability etc...

(I was about to click the buy button on some more steel ammo, when I realized I could get this stuff for about the same cost)
By CTSixshot
Buy it and shoot it at will.
This used to be the "standard issue" fodder, so I understand, until the "new and improved" version came along.
If you have the faster twist barrel, I wouldn't think you'd want to shoot anything less than these 62 grainers, but ten again, I no longer shoot anything in .223 Remington/5.56mm.
The green tips would be very fashionable for St. Patrick's, too.
By PaiN
This ammo would be primarily for my Mini-14 which has a 16.12" barrel with a 1:9 twist......The rifle shoots well enough with 55 gainers, I'd imaging 62g would be the heaviest I'd want to go.
By CTSixshot
I don't know why it shouldn't work just fine.
I know there had been ads for this ammo some time ago that had the packaging mismarked "M885" or some such. Some lots of other M855 were rated a hundred fps slower than spec. and it was refused by the military (again, as the advertisement stated). Unlikely that your Mini will care.
Apparently, some foreign mfrs. don't use the green tip. As I was explained, they never adopted the M193 as the "standard issue" so there was no need to differentiate with the colored tip (...believe it or not!).
By JohnFH
1/9 has worked well for me all the way up to 69 gr
By mu2bdriver
Ammo is excellent for the price. SGammo.com has the best price I've seen on it.
By PaiN
Hoffmans still has the 420 round cans for $149
By nvisn
Ive shot 55gr rounds out of my 1/7 with nice groups.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!