Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Reloading, Gunsmithing, and Ammo
By Socom
Thank's, Brought back some old time, Like a CT. Trooper, That I worked with quite a few times, That had to carry a .357 Mag like the rest of the troopers, But what they didn't know was the fact that he may have been carrying the .357, But it was loaded with .38 Specials "plus P" with a 200gr. bullet... I can tell you, Talk about kick, OUCH!
By Socom
CTSixshot wrote:For those of you with .45ACP's...
I'll load up some 400 grainers for you (Lyman 457124). That should qualify as heavy.
http://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/bull ... entryID=73
Dam, CT6 shot, Thats one heavy load, Maybe for my Tommy, but not my Para... :wink: Can you get 840 F.P.S. out of it ?
By CTSixshot
Actually, it's a spoof. It won't even chamber in a 1911 or similar.
Now, in the 45 LC, that's another possibility. I'd really like to experiment with some heavyweight loads in a Taurus Judge, but I doubt you'd get much velocity at 13,000 psi or less. I've got this bullet seated longer than the standard COL for 45LC; in the Judge you have 2 1/2 to 3 inches to work with. Another possibility is using the .444 Marlin case...still a work in progress.
840 fps would give you a PF of 336. Nice!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!