News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Walmart and ammo

Ammunition, sources and info

Moderator: Moderators

hayes1966
High Master II
High Master II

Walmart and ammo

Postby hayes1966 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:55 pm

I was in the Wallingford Walmart this week and they no longer have a display case for ammo. Any other Walmarts like this?

NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com

AGust82
Sharpshooter IV
Sharpshooter IV

Postby AGust82 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:47 pm

The Southington store was just recently remodeled and it doesn't have an ammo case anymore either.

CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II

Postby CTSixshot » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:38 pm

A year or so back, I happened across some bargain ammo at the Newington Walmart; turns out they were discontinuing ammo sales back then.

When I asked about the same sales at other Wal-Marts, the clerk said each store runs their own special promotions and decide independently about what they will stock.

This may not be the absolute truth, but it worked for me at the time. I suspect many stores/managers are succumbing to PC pressures as well and find it easier to simply discontinue hard-to-find product with all the bad karma.

Wolvie56X
Marksman IV
Marksman IV

Postby Wolvie56X » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:56 pm

also the one in newington is right next to Hoffmans and down the road from Dicks as well as Newington Gun Exchange, so im sure they move alot of small arms ammo

hayes1966
High Master II
High Master II

Postby hayes1966 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:57 pm

I was in Walmart during the week and noticed a guy walking around with a box of CCI 22. It turns out they are still selling ammo and stocking it just not in the big display case. It is still in the sporting section.
NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com

PaiN
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby PaiN » Wed May 26, 2010 9:04 am

The Bristol Wally-World seems to be improving their stock lately.
Now that I have my guns...I have to get the stock piles rebuilt :( I'm well below minimum.
Anyway, today they had a good stock of 9mm WWB 50 &100 packs and plenty of the PWS 124g, I picked up a box to try out.
Also a few WWB .40S&W 100 packs in the case.
The Destroyer has arrived

"Even well-ordered republics are destined to decay into democracy and then into despotism." -Plato

vonbuck
Marksman I
Marksman I

Postby vonbuck » Wed May 26, 2010 9:59 am

The Wallyworld in Waterbury has a pretty well stocked selection of pretty much everything.

Andy
"He was a theremin virtuosa and a good monkey" I.M. Weasel

Return to “Ammo”