Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Training related discussions.
By JohnFH
Check often, I will be doing both fire arm and archery soon in Colebrook
By SR9
JohnFH wrote:Check often, I will be doing both fire arm and archery soon in Colebrook
How much will your course cost, approximately? I am interested and might get some time if things at home stay on track.
By newguy
Hunter's Safety Course thru state is free. I did mine at Wallingford Rod and Gun club up the street from Blue Trails Just a heads up they fill up extremely quick in the spring especially before Turkey Hunting season and in the Fall before Deer Season. Keep a close eye on DEP site for sign up you will need to call the DEP office listed to reserve a spot normally fills up the same week they post updates. Some of them offer one day courses instead of two day I did the one day
By JohnFH
We might be able to start teaching it privately to meet the demand, until I hear different, keep an eye on the DEEP sight for class offerings.
By newguy
I found the online home study guide extremely helpful. I used it before going to the class. Just a heads up this is the link.

http://www.homestudy.ihea.com/
By buckshot
I just joined the forum on the advice of a current member.

I'd like to purchase a pistol but it appears I have to complete a course
b-4 I can do this.

I live in Clinton. I'm looking for a class within a 20 mile area of Clinton if possible.

Can anyone help me out here?

Buckshot
By CTSixshot
Welcome Buckshot!
I know several members here do teach the course, but I'm not sure about being near Clinton.
I pm'ed you some info in addition to a lengthier e-mail.
Good luck.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!