Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Training related discussions.
By Jason
I've been looking at ways to improve dry fire drills at home.

One option would be a device like this: . Basically, a small laser goes into your pistol of choice and when you pull the trigger it activates for a moment, leaving a "mark" on the target. There are a few different systems out there; this one seems affordable but also on the cheap & small side.

http://www.jarheadtop.com/Beamhit_Equipment.htm looks a little nicer but is a bit more expensive.

Anyone have any experience with these, or similar? Any thoughts in general on the idea?
By PaiN
I'm definitely not against them....but I have no experience to with any laser trainers to speak form.
These seem to add an extra dimension to "dry" training and that can't be a bad thing.
By randolf
it looks interesting , but I think you better train yourself without it , you are unintentionally going to train your self look for that same target . the best dryfire approach probably is to set up a similar target that you are expecting to shoot depending on what type of shooting discipline your into.
shooting is repetitive sport , the more you do it the more you become better .
By Sebring_Pop
One thing that I still do is dry fire with a snap cap with a dime on the rib or top of slide. The object of course is to dry fire without dropping the dime.

Just my $.02.
By randolf
I just do trigger feel training while watching TV... the focus is completely just on finger tip and how the trigger snap... welll thats my way of excuse to watch TV . it helps me cure my flinching.
By nvisn
Sebring_Pop wrote:One thing that I still do is dry fire with a snap cap with a dime on the rib or top of slide. The object of course is to dry fire without dropping the dime.

Just my $.02.

Or $.10 in this case.
By Sebring_Pop
nvisn wrote:
Sebring_Pop wrote:One thing that I still do is dry fire with a snap cap with a dime on the rib or top of slide. The object of course is to dry fire without dropping the dime.

Just my $.02.

Or $.10 in this case.

Am I on candid camera ?? (Gee did I just date myself)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!