News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Training at home

Training related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Jason
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

Training at home

Postby Jason » Sun May 01, 2011 7:16 pm

I've been looking at ways to improve dry fire drills at home.

One option would be a device like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004GF ... d_i=507846 . Basically, a small laser goes into your pistol of choice and when you pull the trigger it activates for a moment, leaving a "mark" on the target. There are a few different systems out there; this one seems affordable but also on the cheap & small side.

http://www.jarheadtop.com/Beamhit_Equipment.htm looks a little nicer but is a bit more expensive.

Anyone have any experience with these, or similar? Any thoughts in general on the idea?

PaiN
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby PaiN » Mon May 02, 2011 4:48 am

I'm definitely not against them....but I have no experience to with any laser trainers to speak form.
These seem to add an extra dimension to "dry" training and that can't be a bad thing.
The Destroyer has arrived

"Even well-ordered republics are destined to decay into democracy and then into despotism." -Plato

randolf
Marksman IV
Marksman IV

laser trainer

Postby randolf » Tue May 03, 2011 5:17 pm

it looks interesting , but I think you better train yourself without it , you are unintentionally going to train your self look for that same target . the best dryfire approach probably is to set up a similar target that you are expecting to shoot depending on what type of shooting discipline your into.
shooting is repetitive sport , the more you do it the more you become better .

Sebring_Pop
Marksman V
Marksman V

Postby Sebring_Pop » Tue May 03, 2011 5:39 pm

One thing that I still do is dry fire with a snap cap with a dime on the rib or top of slide. The object of course is to dry fire without dropping the dime.

Just my $.02.
Thanks Pop

The worst thing you could do with your money is save it.

IN GOD WE TRUST

randolf
Marksman IV
Marksman IV

Postby randolf » Wed May 04, 2011 9:47 pm

I just do trigger feel training while watching TV... the focus is completely just on finger tip and how the trigger snap... welll thats my way of excuse to watch TV . it helps me cure my flinching.

nvisn
High Master II
High Master II

Postby nvisn » Thu May 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Sebring_Pop wrote:One thing that I still do is dry fire with a snap cap with a dime on the rib or top of slide. The object of course is to dry fire without dropping the dime.

Just my $.02.

Or $.10 in this case.

Sebring_Pop
Marksman V
Marksman V

Postby Sebring_Pop » Fri May 06, 2011 6:57 am

nvisn wrote:
Sebring_Pop wrote:One thing that I still do is dry fire with a snap cap with a dime on the rib or top of slide. The object of course is to dry fire without dropping the dime.

Just my $.02.

Or $.10 in this case.

Am I on candid camera ?? (Gee did I just date myself)
Thanks Pop

The worst thing you could do with your money is save it.

IN GOD WE TRUST

Return to “Training”