Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Training related discussions.
Hey guys, I'm signed up for the CT Firearms Hunting course at the Naugatuck Valley Beagle Club and request info regarding online study for CT Hunting permit course & exam. Can you advise me on preparing?

I can't seem to find any info on the 100 question exam questions, nor the study course...what can I expect on the test? Forgive my ignorance, but what do I need to learn about fence crossing? What does the live fire on the range consist of?

I found a study course a while back, saved it in my favorite's file, but I must have accidentally deleted it.

Can you guys provide me a website or other recommendations to prepare? I found this; http://www.hunter-ed.com/ , but it doesn't include CT.

I believe I'll need to study up on tree stand safety, is that right?

This is what I've been able to locate but unless I'm missing something, I can't locate the study course; http://www.ct.gov/dEP/cwp/view.asp?a=22 ... v_GID=1633
By XM15
When I took the course a year and a half ago, it was split into two Saturday sessions. There really was no need to study anything beforehand, as the instructors made it clear which topics were the most important. I did a little studying before the second class just to make sure I was fine for the test and it paid off for a few of the more specific questions. Many of the questions are common sense though.

The cool thing was that if anyone was on the edge of passing/failing, the instructors took them aside and went over some of the important ones with them in private just to see what their thought process was. Everyone that was there ended up passing, even the kids getting their junior permits.

As far as live fire exercises, we just shot at a few clays. There were a couple of people that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a scattergun and they still passed the course, so I wouldn't worry about it. :P

Bottom line is that the best way to study for the exam is to go to the class and highlight the important parts in the materials that they give you. Good hunting! :)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!