Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By hayes1966
Stearns' gun bill moving along

Friday, October 28, 2011

U.S. Rep. Cliff Stearns' bill forcing states to recognize valid concealed weapons permits held by visitors from other "concealed carry" states has passed a key committee and appears set for a House floor vote.
By Stieg
I still have my concerns on this. If passed the fed will and can regulate our firearms. Does the fed force other states / or give us the rights to drive in other states with our home state issued drivers license? I like the idea in concept but something is fishy. The fed should be going after states like NY, Cali, HI, and like others who are restricting the 2nd amendment to its citizens.
By hayes1966
I agree, there is an issue with the FED getting more control but honestly I can't see this bill getting passed the senate.
By Mopar
I can actually see it passing the senate. Just like in the house, there are gonna be generally anti-gun senators that know it's gonna die on Øbama's desk anyway, so they will vote yes so they can claim back home that they aren't antigun. Hell, even Joe Courtney voted yea; you think he's a friend of CT gun-owners? The Brady Bunch gives him their highest possible rating; 100% (against guns).
By newguy
Honestly i hope it doesn't pass will give them a excuse to have that federal gun registery Obama wants. All this is is a smoke screen for true agenda which is that fed registery
By hayes1966
CT already has the hand gun registry. :(
By newguy
From article i read they want a Full Fed registry for long guns and handguns i can just imagine the mess that would be.
By GreggAndrews
From article i read they want a Full Fed registry for long guns and handguns i can just imagine the mess that would be.
That would be a disaster... for them, anyway.

How many rifles are out there without papers on them? I mean, they're legal... but do they really think they're going to track down MILLIONS of guns?

I don't think so.
By newguy
Already a pilot program on the Mexician border were ATF is making gun dealers register every long gun sale with them
By newguy
8,500 gun dealers so far
By hayes1966
newguy wrote:8,500 gun dealers so far
Canada is getting rid of their firearm registry, a huge money pit and totally ineffective against crime.

But Obama knows better.
By GreggAndrews
But Obama knows better.
'Cuz he can outsmart all us stupids y'know. Hooray for them smarty-smarts! :lol:
By SR9
hayes1966 wrote:
newguy wrote:8,500 gun dealers so far
Canada is getting rid of their firearm registry, a huge money pit and totally ineffective against crime.

But Obama knows better.
Well of course he does, he was a community organizer don't ya know. :roll:
By PaiN
Seems too me HR822 is long over due. Surprisingly, it seems to be moving through the process, mostly intact. Most over the anti-2a / big brother type amendments that were attempted to be attached to HR822 were STRONGLY defeated.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!