Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By RafMan
So, my younger brother is graduating college. He will be living in Maryland. If I wanted to give him a handgun I own as a graduation present, and it is legal for him to own it, is there anything special that needs to be done paperwork wise?

Thanks
By JohnFH
You would first need to make sure it was MD compliant, then ship it to a FFL that will accept from a private indivdual or you will have to find a local FFL to ship it for you.

Once the FFL in MD receives it, he transfers it to the new owner
By J
I grew up in MD before I started traveling everywhere with the military. You can transfer to him, but they have a two week waiting period for a background check and stuff. There is no concealed carry and there is no pistol class he has to go to. I believe all he has to do is watch a gun safety video. The last gun I purchased in MD was about 7 years ago, but I dont think anything really changed since then. I didnt have to watch the video cause the guy knew I was in the military. Hope this helps.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!