Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By twistdpair
Based on the subject, I thought they were placing people on the list because they bought guns. However, it seems the gist is that people who were already on the list were allowed to purchase guns.

I think that is as it should be - people on the list are SUSPECTED. I wouldn't want to be denied my Constitutional rights because some .gov a-hole put me on the 'watch list'.

To quote Chris Cox from the article - "To deny law-abiding people due process and their Second Amendment rights based on a secret list is not how we do things in America."
By Jason
I travel internationally a decent amount and every time I have my passport checked I get a small hassle. After the second time I asked why and was told that someone with the same name lost their passport (doesn't seem to justify the amount of attention I get).

I always feel like I'm one step from being on some "list" myself. This has been going on for years and occasionally they really grill me. The only legal issues I've ever had were speeding tickets and not even one of those in 10 years.

Also amusing/disturbing, CNN has this issue on their front page poll. 89% of respondants said people on the watch list should NOT be able to buy guns.

IMO Anyone supporting arbitrary, HIDDEN lists that limit rights is not thinking clearly.
By Wolvie56X
last time i checked, the Constitution didnt say the 2nd ammendment ONLY applied to those not on top secret government 'wish lists' lol im so sick of politicians and government intrusion

get the flutes ready, 1776 here we come... AGAIN!!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!