Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
NEWS RELEASE
PELOSI: 'WE WANT REGISTRATION'; HOLDER: 2A WON'T 'STAND IN THE WAY'; SAF: 'GLOVES ARE OFF'
BELLEVUE, WA – Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not “stand in the way” of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

“These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder,” said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. “It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners’ rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off.”

Pelosi’s revelation came during an interview on ABC’s Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress “never denied” the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, “We want them registered. We don’t want them crossing state linesÂ…” Gottlieb noted that citizens’ rights do not stop at state lines.

“But that doesn’t really matter,” he observed. “History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation.”

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: “I don’t think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon.”

“These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice,” Gottlieb said. “They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi’s California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn’t disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won’t prevent crime, either.

“The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights,” Gottlieb said. “The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven’t hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals.”

< Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family >

Copyright © 2009 Second Amendment Foundation, All Rights Reserved.

Second Amendment Foundation
James Madison Building
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005
Voice: 425-454-7012
Toll Free: 800-426-4302
FAX: 425-451-3959
email: [email protected]
By equality72521
I think anyone with strong opinions should be forced to hear, comprehend, and then refute opposing opinions. Any master-debater would do just that: Know the opposing arguments and poke holes in their theories. The Anti-gun lobby is so deeply charged with emotion that they are blind to the facts. Every anti-gun zelot should be forced to read books like “The Bias Against Guns”, or “The Founder’s 2nd Amendment”. I’m just wrapping up The Bias Against Guns and I highly recommend it (a bit dry in that special “statistician” way, but great nonetheless). Mr. Lott puts forth the simple thesis that restrictive gun laws INCREASE crime, and right-to-carry laws REDUCE crime. He then proceeds to PROVE that thesis with 200 pages of meticulously researched statistical facts. The most convincing study of the subject I’ve yet read.
I’m now really attune to the recent multiple-victim public shootings in New York and California and find two more examples that prove Mr. Lott’s theory: That the most violent gun crimes occur in the areas with the most restrictive gun laws.
I would ask Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder how they would contend to argue with this statistically significant fact.
Sadly, they are slaves to their dogma and it’s clear their eyes and ears are CLOSED.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!