Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By newguy
That my question if you have just a DPS form you filled out as a bill of sale and never called it in. Which i know most guys do. What does the date prove. I heard you can sign a affidavit and then get it notarized and they will accept that. I guess though don't get caught lying
By hayes1966
You can swear that you bought it before the ban and get it notarized.

I am more concerned as to why they ask for the SSN. I guess they plan on using that in the future to collect the registration fee.
By JohnB
sherrie called the dps on this..they told her that they dont know wtf is even going on theirselves and to give them a couple of weeks to clear things up with their lawyers
By jamesb
I've been thinking the same thing. Face to face sale of an AR from around a year ago. No paperwork or anything. How the hell do I prove that! They need to take that out and just require an affidavit or something.
By mu2bdriver
hayes1966 wrote:You can swear that you bought it before the ban and get it notarized.

I am more concerned as to why they ask for the SSN. I guess they plan on using that in the future to collect the registration fee.
The SSN part is the most disconcerting.
By Harem
Called DPS - Licensing Unit yesterday and asked if this form needs to be submitted by mail or in person and the lady said, she don't know. I'm sorry.
By mu2bdriver
I wouldn't be surprised if the thumbprint would have to be rolled in the presence of an 'official.'
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!