Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By BugGuts
According to this web article in the CT Post, Next year's gubernatorial hopefull Tom Foley is a bit soft on our Constitutional rights to bear arms.

It's bad enough that the current governor wants to restrict our rights, but this other guy doesn't sound like he's much better.

"I do believe that Americans do have a fundamental right to own firearms, but I do think there certainly are limitations on the reasonableness of that right. When our laws permit people to commit horrible crimes, like were committed in Sandy Hook, the Legislature in Connecticut or federally ought to take into account the bad things that can happen while extending fundamental rights to Americans."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/newtownshooting/a ... z2JsM0w5jc
By SpaceCritter
...and this, ladies and germs, is why I'm moving to New Hampshire.

I certainly don't enjoy being run out of the town - and state - where my family has lived since 1698, but I honestly don't see any improvement on the horizon.
By SR9
Unfortunately, we have been reduced to picking the candidate that will do the least amount of damage. The choices are few in such a liberal, gun grabbing state like CT.
By SpaceCritter
...and that is why I can't stay here.
By KenT
Im with you Spacecritter. I'll keep emailing and calling but I think it seems futile. These idiots have thier mind made up because they know there are more libs that will keep them voted in vs standing for what they actually believe in which tells me this state has no balls and doesnt deserve my or my familys tax dollars. Im on a 1-3 year plan to exit as I own a house and need to find work first in the south probably, where my fathers family lives. Love CT but not the idiots who run it. Its truely intolerable. If there will ever be a "stand" to speak of, the North East is not where Id want to make one with others. The politicians will slowly pick away at your rights here until they have it all. Guns are not a daily part of life here as they are elsewhere so people wont fight it as hard. The south, west and midwest (and Alaska) will have guns for many years to come. The northeast is screwed.
By sigequinox
Email this RINO and let him know he will not get your vote unless he becomes more firm and assertive about protecting our rights. Look what happened with Romney. He used to be soft, then during the debates he had a "no way" attitude.
By MagysDrawers
McKinney is making noises about a run for governor too, but he's turned into a questionable item too. Supports the 10 round limitation since Newtown - I understand he represents that area - but I don't know how much further he's willing to go. Made several attempts to get answers to specific questions but after his first stock response, nothing. Seems the Republican leadership is turning out to be not much of a choice these days.
By JohnB
mskinney supports ? he introduced it, he also introduced it in 2011
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!