Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By HK45ACP
Hi Everyone

Paul Smith owner of the Bridgeport Shooting Range went to a meeting of range owners recently and a state Senator was there and said letters and emails will not do anything we need to call and call everyone. Here is a link to help you do that.

http://www.bridgeportshootingrange.com/News_index.php

Please help, they are serious!!!!!!

Thanks
Jamie Keever
By richinct
I wrote to my state rep...here is the response I just got back:

I wanted to follow up with an update. It is my understanding that the
Attorney General has dropped this proposal so I believe the General
Assembly will not consider this bill further. Nonetheless, I will
continue to keep an eye on it.
By HK45ACP
Thanks for the info. We did hear that and are trying to confirm that. If this is the case then we won the first battle. The War will not go away that easily.

I just heard from a guy who has been trying to purchase high cap mags online and they dealers are telling him that they received a letter in the mail from Dick Blumental not to ship any high cap mags into the state of CT.

If this is the case he has no right to do that and he is breaking the law. Why is okay for him to do this but if we did something like this are ass's would be locked up. This state is out of control and it is going to take all of us to stop it.

Thanks again to everyone who helped stop this loonesy

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb"

Quoted by unknown person
By hayes1966
richinct wrote:I wrote to my state rep...here is the response I just got back:

I wanted to follow up with an update. It is my understanding that the
Attorney General has dropped this proposal so I believe the General
Assembly will not consider this bill further. Nonetheless, I will
continue to keep an eye on it.
Between Metacon and BlueTrails .. the war is still on!!
By HK45ACP
That's what I mean. While we keep voting in these people who are so paranoid of us gun owners the war will never end, especially in the state of CT. They understand what the second amendment is truly all about. 95% of non shooters don't really understand why our Founding Fathers put the second amendment in our constitution. This all happened in the 60’s when our government decided to get rid of Civics in school classrooms all over the United States. What I see going on in this country (not just with guns) makes me sick.

Sorry to get on my soap box but everything we work hard for and do it the right way is being laughed at and pissed on but our state and federal governments.
By HK4LIFE
I have been going to Blue Trails since I was about 10 years old. I learned to shoot using .22 bolt action prone in the same indoor range that is there today. I am a strong supporter of this range, and greatly appreciate the place and the people who run it.

The attack on BT was just that, one man on a warpath. It is rumored that Pasquale Dinatale wished to purchase the land and sell it to a large company like Wal-mart making huge sums of money in the process. Once BT made all the safety upgrades (and they did a great job) that the DPS required, this man found another reason to sue and said there was lead contamination, to which the DEP found only accecptable levels of lead in the soil and water. In addition, it has NEVER been proven that the reported bullets that struck residences came from BT.

I am completely willing to pay a slight increase in admission if it means keeping a range alive that has been with us since 1945.

In addition, I am recently seeing a steady rise in new shooters in CT. This is a good thing and I say the more people that own guns and obtain their carry permit in CT the safer the ranges are from unwarranted attacks against them, from both the anti-gunners and the state government.
By CTSixshot
Gees! You should have seen the crowd at High Rock Sunday noon!

I didn't even bother carrying my gear over to the waiting line.

You know though, I can see a day when the wise politicians and their ilk (under the guise of "public safety", of course!), will really burden all ranges with lead issues. They'll make lead abatement the issue, but we all know it will be an under-handed means of shutting us down.

As much as I'm reloading lead-free frangibles, these won't stave off the idiots. They don't care about lead-free bullets, they want us gone, period!
By djmiked
Jamie,

Any chance of getting a copy of this "letter" from the AG from one of these dealers?
By HK45ACP
I will have to find the guy who told me this or I can call a out of state dealer and see what they say to me. If anyone else wants to try this too and you get them to fax you a letter have them fax it to the range 203-549-0545 if you don't have a fax number. I will keep everyone posted
By HK45ACP
Hi Everyone

I have called and emailed several stores out of CT about purchasing Hi Cap mags. There are some that believe they can not sell to CT residents. I am investigating more and trying to get a copy of any letter from any government official in the state of CT that would have sent this and stated this lie. This is getting out of hand when our law makers start making up their own laws and then enforcing them.

Can anyone say Germany 1930's and 40's
By CTSixshot
....sorry....and other anti firearms legislation. Representing the towns of New Haven and Hamden and having a mayor like DeStefano in the former, it wouldn't surprise me thathe has some sway in these matters.
I have e-mailed him almost a half dozen times and have not received one reply. I suspect he has his own agenda and doesn't give a squib load about most of his constituents, especially those baxterds that own guns.
They've all been invited to area shoots, as well. Not a word from any of them!
By cm12385
HK45ACP,

Please keep us up to date if anything comes up again on the DPS?Range issue.

If you can get something about this Blumenthal issue, please let us know - this needs to come to light if this is true.

Chris
On Friday 5/15 @ 5PM, Glenn Beck will be spending the entire hour on our 2nd amendment gun rights, current legislation and coming legilation.

The Obama administration, Eric Holder, Janet Napalitano (three stooges-but not funny) and congress don't want to fight the NRA, so I suspect, and I'm pretty sure on this, they are secretly sneaking amendments into several other bills and passing them under the radar, as they've done with everything else to take our rights away.

In about 90 days from what I understand, another vote will come up on censorship; Glenn Beck, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, Dr. Savage and several others are in danger from ever airing their programs over TV and radio, if this happens, what will be next? Magazines? Internet websites? Whats next is OUR First Amendment for all of us.

Do a Google search on the legislative bill H.R. 1388 which Obama signed into law, when you begin to understand that and see several amendments to the bill marked as "unknown", you then need to do a little history search on Adolf Hitler and the NAZI youth.

Guys, gals, we HAVE to be advocates and activists for our Constitution and get these dangerous and callous bills reversed, then register to vote if you're not already in the 2010 Senate and local races, then, of all importance, in 2012...thats IF Conservatives are still allowed to vote.

It appears these people who now hold ultimate power...so they think, are positioning themselves as dictators, actually, they've already accomplished that. I'm a registered Republican, but I'll tell ya, they too have let us down, and our Constitution.

PLEASE, I am NOT a representative for FoxNews, or Glenn Beck, but PLEASE watch Friday at 5PM, don't miss a minute, I guarantee you'll hear thing about our gun rights you haven't yet. This includes hunters and other shooting sports, private home gun owners who want to protect Families, property and businesses, this involves American citizens, all of us, and this involves every amendment in our Constitution.

The most important thing we can do now is burn the phone line in every law makers office in the States, localities and Congress; write letters, call repeatedlyif busy, keep calling and faxing.

Go to www.congress.org for your local and Congressional law makers contact info.

If you're not a member of the NRA, become a member, join local gun clubs, go to meetings, stay updated and learn how to tear apart these legislative bills the liberal media are not reporting.

www.glennbeck.com , check out the 9/12 Project too and get involved.

I have to be honest, I've never in 48 years protested anything, sure, I've called and written my law makers and both chewed their ears off, and some I've commended for their courage and integrity.

But, I've served 8 years in the military, I've lived a long enough life so far like many of you to have gone through a lot of trials and have seen a lot, but I have never been so frightened for my children and grand children as I am now.

Glenn Beck is on every night of the week at 5pm, please, watch him, and listen. His guests are not hollywood or Washington money grubbers, these are people on the inside and know what we are facing.

Keeps each other in prayer, we're gonna need it!
By KSODA
I meant to mention, most of you have already heard what Obama said about America selling guns over the border with Mexico, but have you heard that California is very close to releasing 40,000 prisoners because the State is broke?

California is not the only State in trouble, thus, we cannot, for the safety of our families, allow our First and Second Amendments to be stripped away from us, or any word of our Constitution for that matter.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!