Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By Rich_B
In gearing up for the difficult upcoming legislative session, we have started making some improvements to our site's legislative tools.

The first improvement on the block was giving people easy access to email lists for the legislators.
On our site, we have always had a 'Legislative' menu. That menu now has new submenu called 'Email Lists'.
Under this, you will have the options:

- Full legislature
- Representatives
- Senators

These will be useful for mass communications to start with.

We have also improved our Committee pages to include a link above the list of people in the committee "Get all emails for committee:". Click the link and you will get an email listing.

All of the above listings are just plain text, comma separated dumps of the emails. The intent is that these can then simply be put into your email program (I recommend on the 'bcc' line) and your message can be sent.

If anyone sees any of these emails change, or has better information for us, please send it to info [at] ctcarry.com so we can update our data.
By hayes1966
Great job Rich.

Does anyone have Dan Maloys email?
By hayes1966
Email sent - feel free to copy if you wish.

Members of Connecticut Legislature,

I am writing today regarding the recent tragedy at Newtown. This was an act of deranged behavior from a mentally ill individual, not of decent and law abiding people that own firearms and respect life. I am tired of the knee-jerk reactions that direct the priorities of this country.

There is no denying that is was a horrific incident and one that will be remembered for years to come. Well parts of it will be, everyone will remember the name of the person who killed seven adults and twenty children but how many will remember the names of those killed? The media in the US has a lot to be proud of in the coverage of this and other similar incidents. Who among you can tell me the name of the teacher killed at Columbine? I bet you all know the two responsible.

Now it is ironic that calls for additional security on the nation’s schools by the NRA is denounced as a non starter but yet several schools currently implement the same plan. Ms. Porters School in Farmington has private armed security on campus. Every college in the state has its own police force. You yourselves have armed capital security to protect you on a daily basis in Hartford.

I find Mark Benigni’s comment in the Record Journal insulting! I have a child attending elementary school in Meriden and he is fine approving the cost to place police officers at the Middle and High Schools but not at the elementary schools. When should cost be a factor when talking about the life of a child?

Posting a police officer in every school isn’t necessarily the best use of police resources, said city School Superintendent Mark D. Benigni. Meriden has school resource officers at its two high schools and two middle schools. Benigni estimated the cost at about $100,000 per officer.

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/local/ar ... 963f4.html

Meanwhile in New Jersey, the small township of Marlboro is taking a pro-active approach to ensuring the safety of its school children.

Don’t mess with Marlboro Township.
The leafy, well-heeled New Jersey suburb will station a permanent armed cop in each of its nine schools starting Jan. 2.
It’s apparently the first district nationwide bent on packing heat in every schoolhouse since madman Adam Lanza gunned down 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14.
“We’ve made a collective decision as a town that we need armed security in each of our schools,” Mayor Jonathan Hornik told The Post.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jers ... uWbD62d51K

In 2000 Bill Clinton sought funds to put police officers in schools across the country. How come his plan bears merit but not the same plan from an organization that represents the firearm owners in this country?

Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for "COPS in School," a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities.
"Already, it has placed 2,200 officers in more than 1,000 communities across our nation, where they are heightening school safety as well as coaching sports and acting as mentors and mediators for kids in need," Clinton said.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... in-Schools

Posting police officers at every school in Connecticut should be a priority for each of you. This is the only way to ensure the safety of our children from the monsters that exist within our society.

As for the calls for additional restrictions of firearms in the state and country. Before we go down that road, can we look at the current laws in place? Below you will read about Jordan Marsh, who was charged will twelve counts of stealing a firearm and got a suspended sentence! Turns out Jordan wasn’t quite finished and stole another firearm with intent to commit mayhem. How many other cases like this are out there? How can someone who steals and possesses twelve firearms get a suspended sentence?

Jordan Marsh, 26, pleaded guilty May 10 to a single count of stealing a firearm and received a suspended prison sentence and two years of probation. He initially faced 12 counts of stealing a firearm and other larceny charges.
According to East Windsor police, on Saturday, Marsh grabbed a Bushmaster .50-caliber rifle from Riverview Sales valued at $5,000 and ran from the store. When store employees confronted Marsh, he pulled a knife, then fled on foot. Police officers eventually caught and arrested him.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/apparen ... -massacre/

Several years ago Massachusetts used to have signs posted on the highways that warned of a year in jail for anyone found with an illegal firearm. Why can’t CT have a similar program? I am guessing it is possibly due to the closing of several correctional facilities by the current administration.

Rather than enact more laws why can’t we fund the police and judicial systems to enforce the existing ones?

Sincerely,

John Hayes
By newguy
Doesn't seem they have direct email address on State site might beable to send full message on the governor Facebook page
By KenT
I tried sending from Yahoo and it wont send. Too many email address? I tried the three different groups.
By hayes1966
An excellent letter written by one of the CTGUNTALK.COM members, sent to CT State Reps, etc...

As we move forward from this tragedy I hope we all keep in mind that this evil child did this act illegally. He could not or did not buy these firearms legally. He murdered to get them. Those of us who own firearms legally are deeply saddened by this act. We are legal owners of legal firearms. Would this state make instant criminals out of thousands of citizens just to provide criminals more opportunity to harm people? I do no commit crimes, I purchased my property legally, I do not own illegal items. Why then would you make me a criminal? Why would you violate my 2nd and 4th amendment rights? Why would you force the closure of many family businesses, drive out large national companies and put that many more people on unemployment. Why would you as a law maker make this state’s economy worse.
“Mass shootings are a tiny, tiny problem. Which isn't to say that they aren’t utterly horrifying in more than one way. People’s lives are destroyed, both literally and figuratively. What I mean to say is that if we were to prioritize our political attention to topics according to how many lives were at stake, mass shootings wouldn't even be on the radar.

Factoring in the rate of death caused by mass shootings from Columbine to the present (about 210 people in 13 years), it will be more than 300 years until we reach the number of casualties that occur from accidental drownings every single year in this country. In a little more than 150 years from now, we’ll approach the number of people who are poisoned to death every single year in this country. Sometime in 2014 we might surpass the number of people struck by lightning every single year in this country.”

The above quote was taken from an article written by a democrat. It clearly points out the fallacy of confiscation, banning, and over taxation. I have renewed my NRA membership, started a membership with SAF second amendment foundation, and CCDL Connecticut Citizens Defense League. If I can find more groups to support that will fight these upcoming ridiculous laws I will.

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the states. 446 school age children have been killed in Chicago where firearms ownership is banned. Thus it shows that banning is not a viable solution for stopping crimes with firearms. All it does is make more potential prey for criminals. In 2012 323 people were killed with rifles, as opposed to 728 killed with hands, feet and fists. Are you going to require licensing for everyone with 2 hands and at least one foot?

These last few years our government provided weapons to Mexican drug lords, Are you demanding those responsible be held accountable? The head of phoenix ATF office bought a pistol illegally filling out the form 4473. Somehow that pistol ended up at a massacre in Mexico. Are you going to seek answers from him? Our government has not obeyed its own laws and regulations, yet you see fit to make criminals out of those of us that do ?

What can be done? Keep people who commit violent crimes in jail, do not release them. Give people who need mental health care a mechanism to get it. Give parents who have children with mental health issues a mechanism to see that their kids get mental health care. Provide schools with either guards and or police at point of entrance.
By mu2bdriver
KenT wrote:I tried sending from Yahoo and it wont send. Too many email address? I tried the three different groups.
Yes. Yahoo e-mail limits the number of recipients to outbound e-mails. I sent it in three different batches.
By mu2bdriver
hayes1966 wrote:Does anyone have Dan Maloys email?
This was his campaign e-mail address and the web domain is still up. My letter didn't get returned...

[email protected]
By Vincent228
The saddest part of this is getting my IRA news letters telling me to call or write my senators and congressmen to give them our dissatisfaction. Our 2 senators for Connecticut are the 2 biggest democrat A**HOLES that are actually backing and drafting "national" gun control. Dick(head) Blumenthal and Chris Murphy.
And the Republican that I voted for in my area (Len Fasano) voted FOR the legislation in Connecticut! I feel so helpless and speechless in our Government. Does anyone have a list of the people that voted "for" the bill? I will post their names on a 4x8 peice of plywood on my front lawn. It will stand right in front of my flagpole that flies the 13 colonies flag and the minutemen "don't tread on me" flag.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!