Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By sigequinox
Hello all,

When I picked up my application I did not get any literature regarding CT carry laws. In NY this was distributed along with the application: ie NY's use of lethal force laws, where you can/cannot carry, etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if I can carry while, for example, I am at a restaurant with my wife if said restaurant serves alcohol.

I am not a fan of the idea of leaving my gun in the car where it can get stolen and therefore this will determine whether it stays at home in my safe where risk of theft is substantially lower.
By AGust82
I'm sure someone can back me up with a link to the text of the law but yes, you can absolutely carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. I don't believe there is a law prohibiting you from carrying in straight up bar either. No drinking while carrying obviously though.
By LTB45
" No drinking while carrying obviously though."

Not really. Actually the limit of blood alcohol is higher for carrying than driving.
The law is for driving you cannot be .08 or higher. For carrying you cannot be .1 or higher.
Not something that I would test but it is Connecticut law in its infinite wisdom.
By Rich_B
You can find answers to many common questions here: http://ctcarry.com/FAQ/Index/Carrying%20a%20Handgun

You should be reading up on the Connecticut General Statutes however. Trusting LEOs or the state to provide you legal literature is just steeped in failure.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/titles.htm

We will also provide one-on-one help and assistance via email: info [at] ctcarry.com

As for the specific question, there is no law about carrying a firearm (whether concealed or not) in a bar or restuarant serving alcohol. There is also no law saying you may not consume alcohol while carrying. The BAC for carrying is .10

This was almost lowered this year by SB 64 and Connecticut Carry was the only organization to oppose it.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!