Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By LTB45
Last night at the CCDL monthly meeting, Rob Sampson was awarded the CCDL Legislator of the year award for 2012. Thanks Rob for all the work you do in Hartford to help protect our 2A rights.

Here is the presentation speech:

CCDL Legislator of the Year 2012

Thank you all for helping us honor Rob Sampson on this day.

It is a privilege to have a legislator respect not only the rights of his constituents, but to also have his beliefs and core values spread throughout our great State of Connecticut.

Rob is someone that prior to his election clearly stated his principles and his intent if elected.
In our view, Rob has exceeded those stated goals, and because he has, we recognize him here today.

My personal wish is for more elected officials, and those in public service, to have the same dedication, commitment, honor and integrity that Rob Sampson from the 80th district has.

One of Rob’s greatest 2A contributions to the political process was the introduction of House Bill 5245, an act that if it had passed in the Senate and was signed by the Governor, would have created fair and uniform criteria for pistol permit applicants.
This Bill passed through the Public Safety and Security Committee unanimously, and through the House, also unanimously, 141 to 0.

Let us all be reminded that while this process was going on, Rob was in communication with us (CCDL) to receive input, and he allowed us, to actively be a part of this process.
He also supplied us with updates on other active and potential legislation that might have affected our 2nd Amendment rights as well.

Let us all stand together and recognize Representative Rob Sampson!

By nvisn
Bravo all!
By ctkix
Couldn't have gone to a better guy.

My rep, who I have contacted on numerous occasions, doesn't know my name.

Rob...... I have gotten to know well. He represents his district, and CT well.

Jonathan
By Mopar
Great work by Rob and CCDL. Probably the best we could hope for in a short session and vastly outnumbered by anti gun legislators.
BTW, Rob Sampson doesn't just talk the talk. He walks the walk and has been known to shoot silhouette alongside his dad at WLOPA from time to time.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!