Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
sorry if this is a duplicate,

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/man- ... ie-theater

Man with gun arrested at New Haven movie theater
Sung Hwang had valid permit to carry pistol
Updated: Wednesday, 08 Aug 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 08 Aug 2012, 5:31 AM EDT

Kent Pierce
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH) -- A New Haven man who was carrying a loaded handgun at a showing of 'The Dark Knight Rises' was arrested on breach of peace charges Tuesday night.

Police also charged Sung H. Hwang, 46, with interfering with police. Hwang, who had a permit to carry a pistol, is scheduled to appear in court next week. He was released from custody on a promise to appear.

Hwang is an attorney in Connecticut and president-elect of the New Haven County Bar Association. He will be talking to the media about his arrest this afternoon.

Mayor John DeStefano and Police Chief Dean Esserman are scheduled to discuss the case and guns at a news conference at 4:00 p.m. at City Hall.

Following the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado, moviegoers are already on edge at theaters showing The Dark Knight Rises. So when folks saw a man with a gun in his waistband walk in to the Criterion Cinemas on Temple Street a little after 10:00 p.m. they called police.

About 20 officers swarmed the theater. There were around a dozen people inside waiting for the movie to start. They were all told to put their hands up and leave the theater.

Officers identified the suspect and with weapons drawn, ordered the suspect to put his hands up," Officer David Hartman, police department spokesman, said in a news release. "He remained in his seat while using his cell phone. He did not comply with the Officers commands, and was taken into custody by force."

Police found the loaded handgun tucked in the back of his pants. Hwang does have a valid State of Connecticut permit to carry a pistol.

Yale University police also responded to the movie theater.

In July, 12 people were killed and dozens of others were wounded when a gunman opened fire at the premiere of "The Dark Knight Rises." The suspect in that case, James Holmes, faces more than 140 criminal charges.
By JohnFH
Yes a dupe, but I'm still giddy, Hwang is also a lawyer and is about to own the city of New Haven.
By scorpman
he has certain rights that I support, but...

he should be arrested for being on a cell phone in the movies. That is something there should be a law against!
By nvisn
scorpman wrote:he has certain rights that I support, but...

he should be arrested for being on a cell phone in the movies. That is something there should be a law against!
:lmao: :hail:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!