Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
Proposed H.B. No. 5578 REP. HAMZY, 78th DIST. 'AN ACT PROHIBITING MUNICIPAL REGULATION OF FIREARMS', to prohibit local regulation of firearms.
REF. PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus ... _year=2009

Proposed S.B. No. 353 SEN. LOONEY, 11th DIST. 'AN ACT CONCERNING THE MICROSTAMPING OF SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOLS', to facilitate the linking of used cartridge cases to the firearm that fired them by requiring the microstamping of semiautomatic pistols. REF. JUDICIARY.

Proposed S.B. No. 358 SEN. LOONEY, 11th DIST. 'AN ACT PROHIBITING THE POSSESSION OR FIRING OF ASSAULT WEAPONS OR MACHINE GUNS BY MINORS', to improve public safety. REF. JUDICIARY.

Proposed S.B. No. 554 SEN. FASANO, 34th DIST. 'AN ACT CONCERNING THE REGULATION OF THE SALE OF LONG GUNS', to subject long guns to permit requirements and to require a criminal background check of the purchaser of a long gun prior to such purchase. REF. PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY. OPPOSE.

Proposed H.B. No. 5852 REP. HURLBURT, 53rd DIST. 'AN ACT CONCERNING THE USE OF ASSAULT WEAPONS BY MINORS', to allow for the safe handling of firearms by children in this state. REF. JUDICIARY.

Proposed H.B. No. 5892 REP. FONTANA, 87th DIST. 'AN ACT CONCERNING MUNICIPAL PURCHASES OF FIREARMS', to prevent unauthorized purchases of firearms. REF. PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY.

Proposed H.B. No. 6029 REP. PISCOPO, 76th DIST.; REP. HAMZY, 78th DIST. 'AN ACT CONCERNING THE USE OF DEADLY PHYSICAL FORCE IN DEFENSE OF A PERSON', to adopt a "Stand Your Ground" law by deleting the requirement that a person retreat before using deadly physical force in certain circumstances to defend himself or herself or a third person. REF. JUDICIARY. SUPPORT.

Check our website www.ctsportsmen.com for other new bills.

860-240-0530 - Judiciary Committee Call
Vote NO on 353, 358, 554 and 5852

Vote YES on 6029
Last edited by hayes1966 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnB
great huh
i dont even understand the first one
By CTSixshot
Looks like I get to start writing and e-mailing my state senator..... Looney! What a @&%"#!

Thanks for the info.
By hayes1966
The first one is pro-gun, basically trying to limit the towns from setting their own gun laws.
By hayes1966
Found some more info...

Martin Looney
Senator Looney is in his third term as Senate Majority Leader of the General Assembly, having first been elected to that leadership post in 2003. He is also Chair of the Executive and Legislative Nominations Committee and Vice Chair of the Legislative Management Committee. Since being elected to the State Senate in 1993, he has spent six years as Senate Chair of the Finance, Revenue and Bonding Committee; Chairman of the Banks Committee, Vice-Chair of the Bonding Subcommittee, and Ranking Member of the Judiciary Committee. During his tenure as State Representative, Looney was appointed an Assistant Majority Leader and served as Chairman of the Planning and Development Committee, the Government Administration and Elections Committee and the Appropriations Judicial Subcommittee, and as Vice-chairman of the Judiciary Committee.
In 1987, Senator Looney was selected as Legislator of the Year by the Caucus of Connecticut Democrats and following his first term in 1982 he was honored by the Permanent Commission on the Status of Women for his successful work as sponsor of legislation to provide tax credit incentives to employers who create on-site day care for the children of their employees. In 1993, the Connecticut Coalition Against Gun Violence honored Senator Looney for his efforts in helping to gain passage of Connecticut's historic assault weapon ban. Prior to his election to the General Assembly in 1980, Looney was a Public Information Aide to the Mayor of New Haven and taught English Literature and Composition as an adjunct faculty member at Quinnipiac College and the University of New Haven. Senator Looney is a member of the Board of Directors of the Fair Haven Community Health Center and of Community Mediation, Inc. He is also a member of the Board of St. Rose of Lima School in New Haven and is a past parish trustee and past president of the Saint Rose Parish Council. In 1992, he was honored as the recipient of the National Catholic Elementary School Distinguished Graduate Award. In 1993, he was honored as an Alumni Knight of Honor by Notre Dame High School in West Haven. Senator Looney is a graduate of Saint Rose School in New Haven, Notre Dame High School, and is a cum laude graduate of Fairfield University, where at commencement he was awarded Departmental Honors in English and Theology. He was selected as a National Woodrow Wilson Fellow for graduate study and earned a Master's Degree in English from the University of Connecticut. He received his J.D. Degree in 1985 from the University of Connecticut School of Law and, since his admission to the Connecticut Bar in 1985, he has been engaged in the general practice of law. He is a partner in the law firm of Keyes, Looney, and Murphy in New Haven. He is also a practitioner in residence with the Criminal Justice Program in the Department of Public Safety at the University of New Haven in West Haven and is an adjunct faculty member in the Political Science Department at Quinnipiac University in Hamden.

and is a bona fide assmunch
By CTSixshot
In addition to being a new serf to his kingdom, I can see that he's going to be my first invite to a local venue for some rifle/pistol shooting. Yeah, let him handle some of those "real" assault weapons, ya think?
By hayes1966
I was going to suggest we chip in and send him on a hunting trip with Dick Cheney.
By CTSixshot
Dick who?
Forgive me, I've been so caught up in the 2nd Coming that I've forgotten all of the old guards!
By cm12385
Microstamping would be devastating.

Aside from writing letters/e-mails, what can we do to thwart this?
By Hollylx88
Interesting. So one could go to the range, pick up a "microstamped" casing, reload it, fire it through an earlier model gun (obviously without the microstamping), shoot someone, and leave it at the crime scene?
By hayes1966
It would probably kill reloading .. but your post does show how stupid this law is!!

Welcome to CT Shooting Hollyx88 :D
By cm12385
A 'microscopic' stamp as they refer to it.

Any criminal with even half a brian could alter the microstamp, making it useless.
By Hollylx88
the other issue that comes to mind, is the retooling of gun manufacturers. I don't believe that the gun industry would conform to CT's ridiculous new law, and therefore may ultimately render all newly manufactured guns "illegal" for sale in the state of ct.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!